Sign in to follow this  
Super_rebel131

Real world airline pilots – can you provide a play by play?

Greetings all, I just purchased the BMDG 737 NGX. I was a long time user of the previous PMDG 737 NG. Great products by the way! I have developed a reasonable understanding of the procedures to fire the systems up, program the CDU, etc., however one gap I have in my understanding and that is what else goes on ‘behind the scenes’ once you arrive on the flight deck? I was wondering if a real world airline pilots on this forum would consider replying with a brief play-by-play description of what actions happen when between when you get on board and when you start push-back? Maybe you could reference when you perform them relative to how many minutes you have prior to departure? For example, do you program the flight into the CDU right after you get on board? When do you and the FO accomplish the pre-departure briefing? How many minute prior to push-back do you start the APU and close the doors? Etc.This information would be helpful to fully integrate the procedures in the NGX FCOM with the real world ‘big picture’.Thanks, -Jason Beall

While you wait for answers (you may be better off in the NGX forum with this one) may I suggest FS2Crew? The NGX version is up coming, though I own the Fly the Maddog voice version and it is fantastic.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest bstolle
do you program the flight into the CDU right after you get on board?When do you and the FO accomplish the pre-departure briefing?How many minute prior to push-back do you start the APU and close the doors? Etc.
We normally arrive 45min prior to scheduled time of departure at the airplane.First thing is to align the IRS before you load the flight plan etc... Briefing is done once the flight plan has been loaded and you have the ATC clearance.APU ist started during boarding depending on the availablity of a GPU and conditioned ground air.You start pushback as soon as the doors are closed.

We normally arrive 45min prior to scheduled time of departure at the airplane.First thing is to align the IRS before you load the flight plan etc...Briefing is done once the flight plan has been loaded and you have the ATC clearance.APU ist started during boarding depending on the availablity of a GPU and conditioned ground air.You start pushback as soon as the doors are closed.
Thank you very much!

We had one captain that would go relieve himself while the FO did all the preflight duties. He made sure lav dumps were done before he got in and then he would sit in there for 15 minutes.