Sign in to follow this  
aberg

Failures in NGX: can we go to next level?

Guys, First of all loved the new NGX and gives me great pleasure to fly in FSX. Regarding the failures I wonder if is possible to make the plane "get older" more quickly to find out if troubles shows up more frequently.At the aircraft INI´s files there is section call [Failure Groups] and Run Timer.0=xxxxx.yyyCan I edit this numbers to achive more older planes? More than that, I wonder if in the future PMDG could make a windows application, to make planes older if you wish, to execute maintenance tasks, manage the fleet and check if there are no-go itens before flights following MEL - minimum equipament list, like in real life. What do you think about that? Regards,Alexandre

I have tried to make some aircraft older by editing the ini but in each and everytime it would reset the service life hours and I was back to square one. Would like to hear from anyone that was successful.

I have tried to make some aircraft older by editing the ini but in each and everytime it would reset the service life hours and I was back to square one. Would like to hear from anyone that was successful.
Make sure, if you're using Win7/Vista, that the "real" files aren't stored in a Compatability Files Folder.

Kyle Rodgers

I did the same with same results, thats why Im asking in the forum to hear something from develop team.
Why not lower the MTBF instead, should be a similar outcome.
I agree, but I dont want to touch in mtbf that could lead to more frequent and unpredictable troubles in the plane.I just want to make the plane older.

+1I also wondered about this, and this would certainly be a great feature to accelerate aging time.@falcon999 - do you know how to lower the MTBFs? So far I didn't get any MTBFs - if the scheduled maintenance fixes such a failure (that might even go unnoticed by me), do you get any notification about that? Do you have any experiences with this already? cheers!Jakub

ok, guys: replace the code with this below in the *.ini you mentioned All service settings are then on "now".I haven't tested any results of doing this (no time since) but I also would be interested to see your results of a "non-service-jungle" plane...

[Failure Groups]Active=1Run Timer.0=0Run Timer.1=18000000 // APU 5000 hrs = 18000000Run Timer.2=360000000 // AutoFlight 10000 hrs = 360000000Run Timer.3=18000000  // Doors 5000 hrs = 18000000Run Timer.4=900000 // Electrics 250 hrs = 900000Run Timer.5=1800000 // Engine 500 hrs = 1800000Run Timer.6=360000000 // Fire 10000 hrs = 360000000Run Timer.7=900000 // Fire Protection 250 hrs = 900000Run Timer.8=360000000 // Flight Instruments 10000 hrs = 360000000Run Timer.9=7200000 // Fuel 2000 hrs = 7200000Run Timer.10=2160000 // Hydraulics 600 hrs = 2160000Run Timer.11=360000000 // Ice 10000 hrs = 360000000Run Timer.12=360000000 // Misc 10000 hrs = 360000000Run Timer.13=18000000 // Navigation 5000 hrs = 18000000Run Timer.14=900000 // Pneu 250 hrs = 900000Run Timer.15=3600000 // Press 1000 hrs = 3600000

whats system behind?simply counting from zero upwards.Every system have different service time, e.g. 250 hrs.250 hrs are 900000 seconds - you got it?Inserting 900000 means, the system ahs run 250 hrs and is ready for service ... Works also to insert the double time (still "now" is shown), but as I said, I haven't had the time to test what happens then...(I have had once an immediate APU failure) Be sure to do this changes when NGX is not loaded!(nothing bad happens, but datas will not be set!) Will look forward to your results!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, guys: replace the code with this below in the *.ini you mentioned All service settings are then on "now".I haven't tested any results of doing this (no time since) but I also would be interested to see your results of a "non-service-jungle" plane...
[Failure Groups]Active=1Run Timer.0=0Run Timer.1=18000000 // APU 5000 hrs = 18000000[...]Every system have different service time, e.g. 250 hrs.250 hrs are 900000 seconds - you got it?Inserting 900000 means, the system ahs run 250 hrs and is ready for service ... I've seen these, but I was not sure whether these are timers for scheduled checks, or for MTBFs. What you wrote above implies that this is the former, but then it is not the thing we are looking for. Or I am confusing something? Jakub

I've seen these, but I was not sure whether these are timers for scheduled checks, or for MTBFs. What you wrote above implies that this is the former, but then it is not the thing we are looking for. Or I am confusing something?
Yes could be...as I said, I haven't tested it... maybe need to change the times of the [Failure Items] ...?Definitv the need of further investigation here ... With my method above, the service schedules are exceeded, thats working (in the FMC)But indeed I do not know if this has now an real affect to produce more failres ...

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Yes could be...as I said, I haven't tested it... maybe need to change the times of the [Failure Items] ...?Definitv the need of further investigation here ... With my method above, the service schedules are exceeded, thats working (in the FMC)But indeed I do not know if this has now an real affect to produce more failres ...
Thanks very much! It really makes the maintenance tasks due. Lets see if, from now on, the plane has more troubles than with the maintenance within the normal interval of inspections. I dont think this edit modify the MTBF, just make the plane older, like I want in the beginning. PMDG staff or developers wont say anything about my sugestion? to create some program that reads the INI file of every plane and tells if there are no-go itens open, following MEL.