Sign in to follow this  
imjimh

Hot fix 3 (16 Aug) installed.....no issues

I have installed all three hot-fix's with no issues at all! Do not forget that there is more going on with your sim than just the NGX. Remember, computer systems need to be considered. So far one complete flight with hot fix 3 and everything is fine. In fact, I swear my ground scenery looks much better, and have increased frame rate, on ground, at 1500ft and high altitude. PMDG built an incredible plane, very complex, and they have changed the way we all enjoy FSX! There will be pop up issues, and they are addressed immediately. Trust them, they are in the cockpit with us. If it doesn't work, they will fix it. Do you have any doubt about that? Happy flying!!!

Is there a huge step from hotfix 2 to hotfix 3? After hotfix 1 I got some problems, after hotfix 2 beside the terrain ND issue everything works fine. So I´m a little bit afraid to install hotfix 3 ;)

I have installed all three hot-fix's with no issues at all! Do not forget that there is more going on with your sim than just the NGX. Remember, computer systems need to be considered.
You forget the cases where it worked well in some hotfix but it stop working well with another hotfix. In this situations, where do you think is the variable?

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hello,i installed hot fix aug 16th but my computer said this did not install and would you like to try again?so i did,how do i know if it is installed where will it show?.. THANKS GREAT AIRCRAFT WELL DONE. James

what about the orbx issue, i have been trying to fly from YSCB to YSTW and iFSX crashes just before TOD or near waypoint CORKY every time never fails even after this third hotfix HELP!

Downloads usually say completed or successful at end of install. I always get that phantom pop up. If you look it also says, downloaded OK? I just cancel, because I saw the completed successful at end of download. Always do what is best for what you see going on, but this has always worked for me.

I have installed all three hot-fix's with no issues at all! Do not forget that there is more going on with your sim than just the NGX. Remember, computer systems need to be considered. So far one complete flight with hot fix 3 and everything is fine. In fact, I swear my ground scenery looks much better, and have increased frame rate, on ground, at 1500ft and high altitude. PMDG built an incredible plane, very complex, and they have changed the way we all enjoy FSX! There will be pop up issues, and they are addressed immediately. Trust them, they are in the cockpit with us. If it doesn't work, they will fix it. Do you have any doubt about that? Happy flying!!!
Installed the 08/16/2011 hotfix as well.I had no problems with the initially shipped version, and there doesn't seem to be a problem after installing the hotfix except that the NGX lost a couple of frames and it feels not as smooth as it used to. Maybe fixing issues demanded to cut certain optimizations. Who knows. Too bad though.

Dave P. Woycek

Nothing at all changed that should have reduced FPS - these hotfixes are very minor changes to the code just fixing issues where there's crashes, correcting things like the mins knob showing super high values etc. To affect FPS like is being alleged here would mean we made major changes to the way the displays draw or something like that - we have not.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

To affect FPS like is being alleged here would mean we made major changes to the way the displays draw or something like that - we have not.
The way displays draw. ........Displays draw. Hmm. (thinks for a while) Whoa!!!!! Are you .... Could you..... Are you saying....... Terrain display... update sweep.......... yes!!!!!!!!! Is that a hint that PMDG is considering to put in the ND terrain display update sweep option?

So even if i had no problems at all since day one i should install this hotfixes or wait for SP1???

Image removed as image is no longer available.

The terrain issue is actually fixed in 3.
niceee! just installed HF3 and do my usual check ride from coffs harbour to cairns. both ORBX. Right now FL340 and approaching the T/D. Curious to see whether all is fine. Btw, I did not install the HF3 as such, instead I downloaded the whole installer from the shop and updated my NGX. simple and no need to take care of aircraft cfg or ini files.
Nothing at all changed that should have reduced FPS - these hotfixes are very minor changes to the code just fixing issues where there's crashes, correcting things like the mins knob showing super high values etc. To affect FPS like is being alleged here would mean we made major changes to the way the displays draw or something like that - we have not.
only thing I noticed so far that - as I am flying in windowed mode with hidden task bar - when I access the task bar to access other programs like chrome to write this here and when then the task bar hides again, FSX shortly stops. Well, rather a slight stutter. But a stutter. Was not there before with the original release version (I skipped all hotfixes 1 and 2 so far).

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"