Sign in to follow this  
Steve1969

GoFlight EFIS and MCP PRO Partial Interface

OK, I have just finished work on this and its now working much better with all the displays and lights working. I have also fixed the EFIS BARO and MINS that got broken with hotfix 4. I still think the script needs some fine tuning, however I have released version 0.14B and uploaded it to Avsim, but it will take some time to appear. In the meantime you can get it from Pete Dowson's forum here: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69443-goflight-efis-and-mcp-pro-full-interface/ Let me know of any problems ASAP. Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Hi SteveOK looking greatThe main problem I have with the latest version is very little control when I turn any dial ie when I make one left turn on the Hdg it just spins out of controlif I turn the IAS Dial it goes to any speed no control whatsoever same for Alt and Vert Speed also the right hand course does not move from three zero'sWhen I change things with the mouse within FSX the MCP works in tandem With the previous Hot Fix all the dial worked wellAs always many thanks for all your efforts Best RegardsPaul

Hi SteveOK looking greatThe main problem I have with the latest version is very little control when I turn any dial ie when I make one left turn on the Hdg it just spins out of controlif I turn the IAS Dial it goes to any speed no control whatsoever same for Alt and Vert Speed also the right hand course does not move from three zero'sWhen I change things with the mouse within FSX the MCP works in tandem With the previous Hot Fix all the dial worked wellAs always many thanks for all your efforts Best RegardsPaul
Thats odd, because those routines haven't changed. When you say its spins, does it spin in the VC or just on the MCPPRO?

Stephen Munn

Hi SteveIt spins in both, its really weird because when it spins I cannot type in another document as my cursor is moving across the screenif I stop the MCP Dial Spinning then my cursor is fineFor Example when I use my mouse on The FSX Altitude Button I can get it to zero and the MCP Pro copies it exactlyWhen I make a single right turn on the MCP Pro Altitude Knob any figure can appear it can then Spin Clockwise to 50000 ft If I get the IAS to read 100 in FSX if I Turn the Dial on the MCP Pro clockwise to increase the value, the actual dial on FSX actually spins Anticlockwise and can spin out of control Looks like a Mouse Conflict ???? have not got a clue reallyI have never had any problems with 737 NGX till today after adding the HOTFIX when I am getting some Runtime errors not sure if this is realted Cheers Paul

Hey Steve just did a quick test and its works like a charm! Not one issue with it at all.. The displays and lights work perfectly! Thank you so much for your hard work! Just one thing I did notice and I'm not sure if its somthing that cant be fixed until the sdk comes out. When I cut the power to the aircraft completely the display's are still lit up. I also realize that this is a beta version. That was the only thing that I could find that was worth mentioning. Thanks again! Cheers Greg

Hey Steve just did a quick test and its works like a charm! Not one issue with it at all.. The displays and lights work perfectly! Thank you so much for your hard work! Just one thing I did notice and I'm not sure if its somthing that cant be fixed until the sdk comes out. When I cut the power to the aircraft completely the display's are still lit up. I also realize that this is a beta version. That was the only thing that I could find that was worth mentioning. Thanks again! Cheers Greg
Hi Greg, Thanks for the feedback. I did look at turning off the MCP, but I don't think the relevant lvar is available. I found the emergency bus and another I can't recall of the top of my head but they weren't useful in determing if the MCP should be off or not. I will have another search and see if I can find something out, unless some bright spark already has the answer. Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Hi SteveJust to confirm all is working very well no problems whatsoever with the MCP or EfisNow I need to find out why I am suffering CTD after applying the HotfixWould the latest LUA work with the previous Hotfix, probably not?? Many Thanks for your excellent work Cheers Paul

Hi SteveJust to confirm all is working very well no problems whatsoever with the MCP or EfisNow I need to find out why I am suffering CTD after applying the HotfixWould the latest LUA work with the previous Hotfix, probably not?? Many Thanks for your excellent work Cheers Paul
Hi Paul, The buttons and dials should all work but the lights and displays won't. PMDG introduced the lvars in hotfix 4 that enabled me to acess the data for the displays and the states for the lights. Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

I have just posted the above interface (LUA Code) over at Pete Dowson's forum. The EFIS is fully implemented, however the Autopilot has limited functionality because some of the data needed is hidden (until the SDK arrives). Its useful until GoFlight produce something. You will need a copy of FSUIPC to use it. Heres the link: http://forum.simflig...tial-interface/ Best wishesSteve Munn
HelloMany thanks for putting this script together, it is working perfectly for me here.A17 firmware and 2.03 driver.This really ought to be donationware. Glyn

Hi Steve, After installing the hotfix 4 without any issues, and following your installation instructions, the EFIS and MCP Pro no longer work at all. With hotfix 3 and the lua version dated 9/14, everything was working fine, albeit without displays other than crs1/2. Now nothing works. From your instructions: 1) Ensure no assigmments for the NGX in fsuipc or Gfconfig for the EFIS or MCP PRO that will clash (other aircraft specific assignments are OK). - CHECK2) If you haven't done so already, create an NGX configuration in GFConfig and (choose the following option as appropriate) - CHECK2a) set the MCP PRO to "compatiable addon"; - CHECK2b) set the MCP Aircraft/System panel elements from FS Default to Level D (although this script isn't for the Level D, it disables the inbuilt code required for correct operation); N/A - I USE MCP PRO2c) Set any EFIS to "compatiable addon" - CHECK3) Copy the file called NGX_AUTO.LUA into the modules directory in your main FSX directory. - CHECK4) Add (or update) the following sections to FSUIPC.INI stored in the modules directory, unless you are using profiles. Note profiles is the preferred and most reliable method and is supported by default in the latest FSUIPC version.[Auto.PMDG 737]1=Lua NGX_AUTO[Auto.Boeing 737]1=Lua NGX_AUTO -CHECK - FSUIPC ALSO AUTOMATICALLY ADDS:[LuaFiles]1=NGX_AUTO 4a) If you are using profiles, add (or update) a section based on your profile name. e.g. If "PMDG NGX" is your profile name, it would be: - N/A - DON'T USE PROFILES[Auto.PMDG NGX]1=Lua NGX_AUTO5) Add/change the setting "ShortAircraftNameOk" in the [general] section of fsuipc.ini to Yes, unless you are using profiles. - CHECK6) Modify the the "User Customisable Section" of the NGX_AUTO.LUA script as necessary. In this section you and tweak values to help with performance and turn functionality on/off. - NO MODIFICATIONS DONE, AS BOTH EFIS AND MCP PRO ARE SET TO "0" TO RUN THE SCRIPTS7) Update FSUIPC to the latest version available here (tested with 4.727): http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/ - UPDATED TO VERSION 4.728b (AND THERE'S AN UPDATE PATCH FOR THAT, WHICH I HAVEN'T APPLIED)8) Update GoFlight software to the latest version available here (tested with 2.03): http://www.goflightinc.com/software.shtml - CHECK - UPDATED TO 2.03 9) Ensure that the FSX mouse view key mapping is mapped to the default SPACE key and no other FSX add-on is using this key. - CHECK10) Load FSX and select the NGX. Once loaded, the LUA script should run automatically. - FAIL-->MCP AND EFIS CONTROLS UNRESPONSIVE...DASHES ON MCP PRO WINDOWS Any suggestions/ideas?Thanks,Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Jim,It sounds like the profile problem discussed above. Look at my second post above on this page.Pete has modified the fsuipc defaults in preference for profiles which has caused some problems. I need to update the instructions to reflect this.Let me know how you get on.Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Hi Steve, Success! In FSUIPC.ini I added the [buttons.321] and changed useprofile to NO - everything came to life and worked...one successful flight in the books without any issues, post hotfix 4 update! AWESOME!!!! (I hope the upcoming SP1 will be ok, and the upcoming -6/700 series as well!) Thank you for your work once again!Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Version 0.15B has been uploaded at Pete's forum. It solves a few bugs people have found and enhances performance. It is however still a beta, so if you need support please drop me an email to the address at the bottom of the readme. Only known outstanding issues from 015B are: -the MINS and BARO outer dials appear to work but they actually dont. This broke after Hotfix 4. -a small number of people are having trouble with display syncing. -instructions need updating around profiles for when people only see dashes on the displays. I won't upload a new version to Avsim until the above has been fixed. Link to Pete's is here: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/69443-goflight-efis-and-mcp-pro-full-interface-for-pmdg-ngx/ Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Put your bill into both PMDG and Go Flight Steve .......... Two professional products that should work together straight out of the box It's PATHETIC that this is not the case!!! Well done Steve ... great work