Sign in to follow this  
unpluggedzett

Start State

I cannot get the plane started. I am hoping someone would send me a saved start state with engines running. I have tried to eliminate last start state in options.ini file as well as attempting to start plane from cold and dark as well as the other available states. It seems there is an electrical problem as the panel which shows the power draw (above battery lever) has nothing in it. The drive lights are also lighted. There seems to be power because all the other indicators are lighted and I can start the apu, but not the engines. I am sure this is related to something I am doing so I am looking for help here rather than submitting a ticket. Thanks. Mike Marzettunpluggedzett@gmail.com

I appreciate your response. I understand that I have not included every step to starting the plane from cold and dark. As others are also doing, I am attempting to fly the tutorial and I cannot load the plane in the engines running state. I am not asking questions; simply making a request. If it cannot be filled that is fine. I understand the plane has a running state to fly the tutorial and I am unable to achieve it. That is all I am asking for at this point. Nothing else. Mike Marzett

When trying to start the engines make sure you have turned off both left and right packs. I believe this is to ensure there is enough air available from the APU to turn the engines at a sufficient rate for starting.Hope this helps. Darryl Critchley

And don't forget the Engine Start Levers below the throttle quadrant.....Engine start requires air and fuel.........

He is talking about load-up panel state. I believe "short" is the one you want for the tutorial? I can't remember if the engines are started in that panel config...

Fly Navy

Thank you John. What I am looking for is the saved panel state (two files *.sav and *.fmc) for the "Ready to Fly" state which puts you on the runway as per the tutorial with the engines running.

I looked for the "Ready to Fly" panel state in my setup too, and didn't find it. I don't know if it's a system-specific problem, or if that particular panel state was simply omitted from the installer. In any case, I was able to start the tutorial with the engines turning by resetting my default flight to the one that FSX came with (just deleting the startup situation line from the fsx.cfg) - after that, the tutorial began with the proper state for programming the FMC and flying. Give it a try if you haven't already.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit