Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

Livery issue not resolved with the pinned solution by PMDG

Earlier today i uninstalled both the NGX and FSX. After reinstalling everything the NGX did not ask for activation id in order to run the NGX ( i don't know if that's normal, it was on the same computer so maybe thats why). Now after i run the livery manager as admin and choose the .ptp file i want and install it, the livery is not selectable within FSX. I am running FSX as an admin, and the liveries do show up as textures within the >sim objects> airplanes>800WL. I also tried the solution posted by you guys in the NGX customer forum but it didn't work. The PMDG livery aircraft runs fine within FSX. Also, i thought i would add that after the reinstall I can't find the editable (the text one where you add the HIGHMEMFIX=1) fsx.cgf file. I can only find the one that is not capable of being open (they used to be right next to each other. Also, the key commands i assigned within the NGX's FMS were somehow saved when i reinstalled the NGX. Thanks,Mitch Bowman PS, i do have the latest hotflix installed!

%Appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg copy that into search in the start menu and hit enter. That's the fsx.cfg that (should) open. Yes. The activation window not showing up again is normal. What to do is try this. Uninstall the NGX (again) delete the simobjects\airplanes\any folder relating to the NGX and also the same in the FSX root\PMDG. Now reinstall the NGX and try installing a livery. Hopefully I can convince the mods to open a Livery support forum for the livery manager and livery issues as post get buried far too quickly here.

%Appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.cfg copy that into search in the start menu and hit enter. That's the fsx.cfg that (should) open. Yes. The activation window not showing up again is normal. What to do is try this. Uninstall the NGX (again) delete the simobjects\airplanes\any folder relating to the NGX and also the same in the FSX root\PMDG. Now reinstall the NGX and try installing a livery. Hopefully I can convince the mods to open a Livery support forum for the livery manager and livery issues as post get buried far too quickly here.
and uninstall it under the add/change a program menu right? oh and thats where the (editable) .cgf was located before i unistalled. but not anymore. There is supposed to be 2 right?should i reinstall with the orginal download and then run the hotfix? or does the hotfix somehow now operate as my download?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. What is wrong with your fsx.cfg?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. What is wrong with your fsx.cfg?
Like before i uninstalled FSX, there was an FSX.cfg file that i could open and make changes to. But now the only fsx.cfg is the one that cannot be opened and edited.

Did the thing i said to do open a .cfg? because that is the editable one

Press print screen key, open paint, paste, save, upload

Click more reply options, underneath where you type is a button called Attach Files. Just select the file and click okay.

I dont see any problem? Do you mean you are unable to edit the cfg?