Sign in to follow this  
DescendDescend

SINGLE CH on approach

Any idea why I keep getting the above on approaches (both EGKK and LFMN saved flights). Yes both A/P's on, both NAV receivers tuned and both courses set correctly. Worked okay for the initial install but has not worked for a few days now. Do I have an option wrongly set somewhere? Many thanks.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

I have the dame thing then after the OM it changes to. Land3

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Yeah I have been getting the same on all of my ILS approaches lately, I wonder if it is hotfix related?

Just did a new download and install of NGX. With ref to FCOM 4.10.15 page 199 it seems to be okay. I suspect its my problem and not the aeroplane.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

This is now correct behaviour - it was wrong in the initial release and the latest hotfix has corrected it. SINGLE CH will disappear at 1500' RA if both APs are engaged and both nav / courses are set to the ILS freq... Adam Turley

This is now correct behaviour - it was wrong in the initial release and the latest hotfix has corrected it. SINGLE CH will disappear at 1500' RA if both APs are engaged and both nav / courses are set to the ILS freq... Adam Turley
So it will never switch to LAND3 above 1500?

So it will never switch to LAND3 above 1500?
Around 1500 is where the system checks itself and if it passes (land 3 conditions are met) you will get Land 3 so no, you wont see land 3 higher than that.

Nope still not working. Fresh NGX install using flight saved from old install. Panels and systems appear okay but no autoland: NAV RAD set: Course set: Glide capture and single channel: 2ND AP and still single channel I tried cycling the Navigation frequencies thinking that they had not been loaded properly from the SAVE but this just caused the A/P to drop out I suppose proving that only one was active. No failures active.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Hi Wolfgang Unfortunately it never changes from single channel. The A/P will disconnect eventually and it is behaving as if one receiver is not tuned. I note that the course seems to have magically changed itself from 079 to 080. That was not me. Mind you I dont think that is relevant.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

You are correct about the CRS being set to FSX so I have changed that but still no autoland.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

what are the procedures after the last picture was shot ?did you try to autoland with gear up, flaps 2 and way to high Vref ?

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit