Sign in to follow this  
Guest acezboy561

FSX crahses at 100%...

Guest acezboy561

Been awhile since ive been flying in FSX .. so this afternoon I loaded up a flight, after 13 hours of downloading Earth Simulations Guernesy (4.4Gb!) I loaded it up to get a crash when FSX reaches at 100%. Now - ive deleted my .cfg - no luck.. Next youll ask why I havent installed ES Guernsey, before I do.. I installed the tweak which is believe to fix crahses in FSX (no flights since installing it) and I get a CTD message twice. What event viewer says:Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\terrain.dll

If you minimize FSX, does an error message show up? Is there a windows error sound when it reaches 100%?

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If it's the terrain.dll sounds like it's corrupt. If you PM me your email, I can attach my .dll to an email and you can replace it, see if that works.

Been awhile since ive been flying in FSX .. so this afternoon I loaded up a flight, after 13 hours of downloading Earth Simulations Guernesy (4.4Gb!) I loaded it up to get a crash when FSX reaches at 100%. Now - ive deleted my .cfg - no luck.. Next youll ask why I havent installed ES Guernsey, before I do.. I installed the tweak which is believe to fix crahses in FSX (no flights since installing it) and I get a CTD message twice. What event viewer says:Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\terrain.dll
If I am reading this right FSX was fine and then you installed some kind of tweak and then FSX started to crash. If that is correct then remove the tweak that you installed. The fact that you get a terrain.dll error code does not mean that the terrain.dll was the actual problem. That only means that is what was in memory when FSX crashed, that is why it was logged by Event Viewer. I am not saying that the problem is not terrain.dll, I am just saying that there is a good possibility that it is not terrain.dll.

Guest firehawk44
There's an updated installer on their website in the ES forums. You also need the latest version of dotnet framework installed according to their forums. Since this crash was caused by the ES Guernsey installation, I would uninstall it, make sure you have the latest installer, the latest dotnet framework, and UAC and any anti-virus program is disabled before reinstalling. I'm not sure what .cfg you deleted. FSX.cfg? That's okay but do NOT delete the scenery.cfg. Best regards,Jim

Guest acezboy561

Ended up fixing it .. now whenever I change the weather or time/season in the start up menu and click OKAY my FSX screen goes white and a click CTDS it.