Sign in to follow this  
antonio

Sideways tracking ILS Loc

Hi everyone, I am experiencing problems tracking ILS 32R at KORD ( fsdreamteam scenery ). I am intercepting the localizer at less than 45 degrees and in the initial stages the NGX seems to center the localizer perfectly but after a few seconds ( before intercepting GS ) it begins to fly at about half a dot to the right of the localizer and proceeds this way for the rest of the approach. I have read in other posts that this might be related to a scenery database issue and that it could be fixed by using the registry repair tool available at flight1 website ( as suggested by Ryan ) but the problem is still there. This has only happened at the above mentioned scenery. The rest of the approaches I have tried so far have been flawless. Could anyone with the above mentioned scenery give it a try and see if they get the same result? Otherwise I am extremely pleased with this bird. It works wonderfully in my old machine and I have not had any performance issues with it. Congratulations PMDG! Best regards, Antonio.

You could check the ILS with a default FSX aircraft. Disable the FsDreamteam scenery and check the ILS again, could be an AFCAD issue.

I had the same issue that u have.. first u need to download the magvar update for fsx and install it. then u need to go into the pmdg setup and change the loc course to fsx option to NO.. that way u can adjust the magnetic course for the runway manually . I beleave the course for the 32R is 323 then u should be fine

Hi, thank you everyone for your replies. I have fixed the problem by setting FSX LOC CRS to OFF as you suggested. Everything works fine now.