Sign in to follow this  
danieln

Frustrating autoland issues at YMML

So. I've managed to do a few very successful autolands at YPPH in order to get familiar with the systems. Long story short yesterday I did a flight to YMML and couldn't autoland. So I setup a small circuit today around the airport and the exact same thing happened. Checklist:-ILS frequencies set in NAV1 NAV2 (109.70) for ILS RWY 16-COURSE set to 160, both ones.-RWY length and elevation correctly set for HGS-VOR/LOC - followed by APP and engagement of both CMD switchesHere's a few screenshots showing each stage of approach up to finals. Not too sure why theres no DME measurement appearing on the PFD, that's not usual from my experiences with autoland in this aircraft. And when I flicked the ADF/VOR display switch near the baro, nothing came up either. Is this a glitch or my wrong doing? Cheers

No need to set Nav2 but you should set Nav1 in both pilot and copilot.I don't know if it is important but I engage both CMD switches after vor/loc and before APP. Works every time for me.Haven't tried Melbourne yet but Sydney and Brisbane worked fine.

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.1GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
Asus 32in monitor 2560*1440

No need to set Nav2 but you should set Nav1 in both pilot and copilot.I don't know if it is important but I engage both CMD switches after vor/loc and before APP. Works every time for me.Haven't tried Melbourne yet but Sydney and Brisbane worked fine.
My method works too, but not in that scenario it doesn't (for YMML). I can't figure if its a NAVIGRAPH issue or something to do with the 737NGX. Confused as buggery! Does anyone else have any ideas? I'll go forward to submitting a ticket if no one else knows!

Have you tried the tutorial flight, it has very specific instructions and explanations ?.

Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 4.1GHz
RAM 16 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit
Asus 32in monitor 2560*1440

Have you tried the tutorial flight, it has very specific instructions and explanations ?.
No, but as I said I've found discrepancies such as have no DME measurement on the PFD which leads me to think its a problem with software rather than procedure. I've autolanded at other airports so the same protocol should apply to any other CATIII done. I'll give it a brief read through though.

Guest tonyf38

It's not a navigraph problem, because I just did an autoland on RWY 16, worked perfectly... I think some people were having issues after installing the latest hotfix, I haven't done that.. Did you install the latest hotfix??

It's not a navigraph problem, because I just did an autoland on RWY 16, worked perfectly... I think some people were having issues after installing the latest hotfix, I haven't done that.. Did you install the latest hotfix??
Thanks for verifying. Yes I have hotfix 3 installed. Not sure if the hotfix is related though, as I can autoland on 03 at YPPH. Just wondering. Did you get a DME measurement on the PFD when you locked 109.70 into the radio?

Guest tonyf38

regarding DME measurement, I forgot.. sorry mate.. Should have though since it's a ILS/DME approach.. Can you post some pics of the fmc setup during the approach?? Maybe that can clarify something and the pedestal also..

Danieln, I have tried an autoland at YMML RWY 16 with no problems. Have you selected "Fail Operational" in the equipment options? Do you have both autopilots engaged? Pete

Danieln, I have tried an autoland at YMML RWY 16 with no problems. Have you selected "Fail Operational" in the equipment options? Do you have both autopilots engaged? Pete
Thanks for trying Pete. I started off on VNAV and LNAV. Once I made the left turn bearing 160 I hit the VOR LOC which activated almost instantaneously. I then proceeded to press the approach button, followed by the CMDB. I can confirm they were both And and B were illuminated. I ask again, can anyone confirm whether or not no DME measurement being displayed on the PFD is relevant to the issue? Cheers.

Danieln, The DME readout is irrelevant to the issue. Have you selected "Fail Operational" in the equipment options? I have hotfix 3 installed and no problems Pete

i just tried ymml rwy16 i landed with autoland ok but i didnt get the dme readout

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

both flight directors are on? also what altitude were you selecting the second autopilot. You will get that error message if you attempt to set up autoland below 1500ft. You need to be fully configured well ahead of 1500ft and both AP's engaged. The system will then perform a self test at 1500ft before confirming the autoland. If you start messing with the aircraft configuration below 1500ft or only try and engage the second autopilot below that height, the autoland will be rejected.

Danieln, The DME readout is irrelevant to the issue. Have you selected "Fail Operational" in the equipment options? I have hotfix 3 installed and no problems Pete
its not a fail passive or operational issue. Both will give you an autoland (unless there is equipment failure). However, in passive you will not get rollout guidance on the runway.

- Jane Whittaker

i got no problem with auto land it works good at ymml is that i dont get the dme readout on the pfd when 109.70 is selected on both nav think it mite have to do with the orbox airports since tried at gatwick airport and had no problems got the dme readout on the pfd ps just tried at kjfk no problems so its just ymml mite try with obx scenery off to see if it works or not

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

When both ends of a runway use the same ILS frequency, FSX will 'assume' you want to land on the one closest to you when you tune that frequency. On your approach, you tuned to the ILS from runway 34 before you got the signal from runway 16. I suggest you try the same approach again, but do not selected the ILS frequencies until you have passed the center point of the runway.