Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Which looks better

I got these from my frnds system , it's just a comparison of the visuals. The first is the iFly 737-800 and the second is everyone's new girlfriend. The system is the same as mine except the GFX card is a HD 4550. http://imageshack.us...es/94/ifly.jpg/ http://imageshack.us...s/717/ngxx.jpg/ The ICAO is KLGA with Manhattan X, the autogen is Dense , water Mid 1.x , animation off , LOD 50% , Terrain res 100% , mesh res is 70. road vehicles are almost nil with 60% air traffic and he is pulling 16 fps on the ground @1400x1050. and of course Bojote's auto tweak, HDD is a 500 GB x 2 P.S. : How the hell do I attach or display images in the post I have seen posts with snaps but I can't.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

PMDG.If you look at the top and left hand portions of the image on the ifly one it looks a bit amateurish. The best feel I had of sitting in a 737 cockpit was from the wilco737 in FS9. It just had the right size and intimacy. A 737 cockpit is small. The PMDG made it seem too airy and big IMO. However the new PMDG makes up for it and probably blows it out of the water. Just to add that both of the images look quite odd because they are zoomed out so much. Too much fisheye going on. The feel of the PMDG VC is very good at 0.6Z with perfectly tuned TIR.

PMDG.If you look at the top and left hand portions of the image on the ifly one it looks a bit amateurish. The best feel I had of sitting in a 737 cockpit was from the wilco737 in FS9. It just had the right size and intimacy. A 737 cockpit is small. The PMDG made it seem too airy and big IMO. However the new PMDG makes up for it and probably blows it out of the water. Just to add that both of the images look quite odd because they are zoomed out so much. Too much fisheye going on. The feel of the PMDG VC is very good at 0.6Z with perfectly tuned TIR.
Alright I will him ask for a 0.6 snap shots and what is TIR ?

TrackIR. But at 0.6 as an image you wont see much- too zoomed in. It works in-game thogh because your track IR directs the pilots head wherever you want to look. So you forget you are only looking at a 17inch screen and build a mental image of the entire cockpit around you. If you want to see how the PMDG cockpit looks in game you should go on youtube. Have alook at the AOA video, the long one.

TrackIR. But at 0.6 as an image you wont see much- too zoomed in. It works in-game thogh because your track IR directs the pilots head wherever you want to look. So you forget you are only looking at a 17inch screen and build a mental image of the entire cockpit around you. If you want to see how the PMDG cockpit looks in game you should go on youtube. Have alook at the AOA video, the long one.
hahah Trackir, TIR made me wonder. I have freetrack. heard about the AOA videos.

Tried with the ENB series with Pablo's sky texture on frnds rig the experience is totally exotic.