Sign in to follow this  
Arthur@KROC

Route Finder

Hi,As I learn to fly the 737NGX and reading the many fine topical comments in the forums I came across "Route Finder", and I checked it out. My question this time is: are you all using the free access or paying the subscription? I went to the subscription site and found a comment about being able to load information to the PMDG 737, so I am curious.Thanks,Arthur@KROC

Is this similar to Flight Sim Commander? A route builder program?

Route finder simply gives you preferred routing between airports. It's a useful tool. I use it via Aivlasoft EFB, which has it integrated in its route setup menu.Trevor

There's a long list of sources for routes to choose from. From vroute and simroutes.com to Flight Sim Commander, FSbuild, and more. AFAIK, all will export to PMDG's format. Personally, I've been using FSBuild for years and it's never failed me. Great tools to have with this bird, that's for sure!

Route finder simply gives you preferred routing between airports. It's a useful tool. I use it via Aivlasoft EFB, which has it integrated in its route setup menu. Trevor
Sorry to go a bit off topic but i am thinking of getting Aivlasoft EFB, i could see it being very usefull on a second monitor Trevor. Would you recommend it? Phil Brewer

I used FSBuild for the longest time. Great program. Then, I switched to FSC. Also a great program. But, then...I found AivlaSoft EFB, and my sim experience changed forever. I've mentioned this in another thread, so people might start to think that I work for AivlaSoft. Not true, but nothing beats having your actual position overlaid on charts on a laptop/iPad while you're flying on your desktop. I plan my flight, export it to FSX, hit activate and voila!Trevor

Sorry to go a bit off topic but i am thinking of getting Aivlasoft EFB, i could see it being very usefull on a second monitor Trevor. Would you recommend it? Phil Brewer
Wholeheartedly. There is no comparison, and it is dirt cheap--$70, I think. It seamlessly moves from ground, to departure, to enroute, to approach, and back to ground when you land. It is also great for navigating around unfamiliar airports when progressive taxi is unavailable (as it is when you use Radar Contact, like I do).

Wholeheartedly. There is no comparison, and it is dirt cheap--$70, I think.
EFB is great, but I think this is the first time I've seen anyone calling it "dirt cheap" biggrin.png But with the Swiss Franc finally beginning to loose some of its value compared to Euro and $, maybe the price will come down a bit. The current $70 price tag is after a 20% deduction from the normal price - that promotion is only good until August 20, so now would be a good time if you want to get it. / Tom

EFB is great, but I think this is the first time I've seen anyone calling it "dirt cheap" biggrin.png
Yes, engineering a rapid devaluation of the Swiss Franc would be enormously helpful. Hmmm, who can we talk to about that? Thinking.gif

I use EuroFPL which is an real flying portal to file flighplan....If you open an account, you can use the route finder tool to search for route that have been validated (ie flown) by the CFMU. With a single click you can spot them on a google map. You are then sure that the route is or can be flown IRL. Very nice tool with a special pay subscription for simmers if you want flight package also....but too expensive. Pierre Lainé

Wholeheartedly. There is no comparison, and it is dirt cheap--$70, I think. It seamlessly moves from ground, to departure, to enroute, to approach, and back to ground when you land. It is also great for navigating around unfamiliar airports when progressive taxi is unavailable (as it is when you use Radar Contact, like I do).
Just downloaded the trial this evening and have the display unit running on my Macbook (VMWare Fusion running)...all I can say is wow! What a neat application! I have a feeling I might be out a few dollars soon, lol. Still working out how to use it to its fullest, but it's tracking my flight and plan as I type. Me likey. biggrin.png