Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

Ngx manual availability

Hi there,In anticipation of my new system arriving within the next week I'd like to read up on the ngx manual to be prepared for my big day. I know the manual comes with the purchase, but I wasn't planning on purchasing it until my new rig is up and running. If that's the only legitimate way to get my hands on the manuals that would be perfectly acceptable. I'm an existing PMDG customer (almost exclusively fs9 products) and need to get a head start on both FSX and the NGX. Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Yeah, you won't have access to the manuals until you actually install the aircraft. That being said, there are numerous sources of good info online. You might find some good technical info on the fmc/cdu that'd help you prepare.

Hi there, In anticipation of my new system arriving within the next week I'd like to read up on the ngx manual to be prepared for my big day. I know the manual comes with the purchase, but I wasn't planning on purchasing it until my new rig is up and running. If that's the only legitimate way to get my hands on the manuals that would be perfectly acceptable. I'm an existing PMDG customer (almost exclusively fs9 products) and need to get a head start on both FSX and the NGX. Cheers,Pete
Don't worry about it ! The intro manual is very well written and you will get through it in no time. Fred.

Thanks guys. I've been reading the NGX forum since release, as well as the sticky topics in the FSX forum. I hope the transition from fs9 will be an enjoyable one. The only thing I'm still confused about is, how many of all these tweaks apply to newer hardware? I guess I will find out via trial and error ;-)Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Thanks guys. I've been reading the NGX forum since release, as well as the sticky topics in the FSX forum. I hope the transition from fs9 will be an enjoyable one. The only thing I'm still confused about is, how many of all these tweaks apply to newer hardware? I guess I will find out via trial and error ;-) Cheers,Pete
I did not tweak anything and have not installed the hotfixes yet. It runs very well on my PC which has very low specs. Fred.

Thanks guys. I've been reading the NGX forum since release, as well as the sticky topics in the FSX forum. I hope the transition from fs9 will be an enjoyable one. The only thing I'm still confused about is, how many of all these tweaks apply to newer hardware? I guess I will find out via trial and error ;-) Cheers,Pete
The only tweak I'd definitely recommend for every system is adding HIGHMEMFIX=1 in the config file (that's covered in the intro doc as well). The venetubo online tweaker has also helped lots of people improve performance. Another big improvement is following Ryan's Nvidia guide that's pinned in this forum. I believe it's tailored toward the newer cards, probably GTX460 and up... You mention making the switch from FS9, if you haven't installed FSX yet I'd recommend you either follow NickN's or PMDG's FSX installation guide. A quick search of the forum should give further info on anything I've mentioned. (I'm too lazy to link to anything...)

There are other 737 NG manuals on the web. I won't say where because PMDG will delete the thread as they did when I mentioned it before. It should be easy to find using Google. Henri

Henri Arsenault

I think it wasn't the links so much as the arguing/bashing that inevitably followed. Here's a good place to start your preliminary training.http://www.b737.org.uk/site_map.htm