Sign in to follow this  
jbinner

Squawkbox typing issue

Typing in the Squawkbox window when connected to vatsim causes my gear to lower......has this been addressed yet? Thanks all,

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

typing "G" in their box causes the gear to go down in the PMDG. Doesnt happen in ANY other plane. And easy Nick, I was asking a question. Its been asked before of this plane.

John Binner, MCDST

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler

Same thing happens to me, just been flying offline because of it lately. Was kinda curious why it was happening as well. Oh and I use FSINN.

Same thing happens to me, just been flying offline because of it lately. Was kinda curious why it was happening as well. Oh and I use FSINN.
Hmmm.... I use FSINN as well. When you select the chat window, does it cut out FSX sound, or can you still hear it?

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Cuts it out, sorta, it cuts out the NGX sound, but can still hear the FS sound.
It seems as if FSINN/SquawkBox is allowing FSX to remain active in the background. Therefore, allowing both programs to accept commands. When I click on FSINN, it will cut out the sound completely from FSX for a few seconds. Is this only for the "G" key, or can you do something like "L" and see the lights toggle?

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

found a solution....unmap G to keyboard...from an earlier post...I will try this.(in other words, use yoke to put down gear down and not)..... just tried it, unmapping G for gear in flight sim, STILL puts the gear down when typing in the SB box......gear still goes down. :(ok, I fixed it.....figured I'd try this since nothing else worked.....in the FMC...go to Menu, setup, then Options. Goto Key Commands. For GEAR unmap the "G" key and this fixed my issue. My yoke gear down still works, but the G is now unmapped and I can now type. :) This may solve issues for others in their online program....if you can map to something else, or use a stick button.

John Binner, MCDST

found a solution....unmap G to keyboard...from an earlier post...I will try this.(in other words, use yoke to put down gear down and not)..... just tried it, unmapping G for gear in flight sim, STILL puts the gear down when typing in the SB box......gear still goes down. sad.png
That was my first thought if it was only the "G" key. Glad it's sorted... Odd that it's only the NGX. Thinking.gif

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

It seems as if FSINN/SquawkBox is allowing FSX to remain active in the background. Therefore, allowing both programs to accept commands. When I click on FSINN, it will cut out the sound completely from FSX for a few seconds. Is this only for the "G" key, or can you do something like "L" and see the lights toggle?
Everything, L toggles the lights, Z shuts off the autopilot, etc. I tried unmapping some stuff, still didn't seem to work for me, like the settings didn't "take". Will try it again when I have more time one of these days.

Guys, do you have the latest hotfix (the 2922 version)? This should have been fixed in that.
No, I haven't put in yet Ryan, and this all took place (on my end anyway) before it came out, I will try it tomorrow, thanks for the heads up!

It was fixed in hotfix 2, I posted to that effect in the other FSinn thread that raised this issue.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Guys, do you have the latest hotfix (the 2922 version)? This should have been fixed in that.
2922 has not corrected the problem when trying to type certain keystrokes into the "FSX MP Chat window" either. It's actually a step backwards... before if one UNDOCKED that Text input window, then PMDG did not "hijack" those keystrokes.2992 seesm to have stoped that work-around from working :( There would appear to be a number of situations where situation PMDG should NOT "hijack" the keystrokes intended for FSX, (or its addons). Geoff