Sign in to follow this  
Mendoza

Video of amazing PMDG 737NGX from Cold and Dark to TOC

To: Whoever made the video - I have the same comment as the 1st reply you got on Utube."I would prefer it, if you would talk instead of that elevator music." Potentially a GREAT video, maybe you might consider re-editing it.Great Video -- totally USELESS audio sad.png (1) Cut the Music as soon as you enter the Cockpit.(2) Lay down a Voice Audio, narrating your Flow, etc Then you would have a winner. rolleyes.gif It would be actually EASIER to do it that way... Record the procedures, with Cockpit sound.Then Edit it and lay down the narration afterwards... that way you can get the Narration "perfect" :) ---------------One of my pet Utube peeves -- Videos with elevator music, while someone endulges themself in some complex procedure, clicking away at thing etc, without a work of explanation. It's even worse when you do this in a 737 cockpit !!! Geoff

I hate music on these type of vids. Thats the gripe I had with AOA 767 DVD. Add narration as mentioned above and it will be a superb vid to watch Peace.gif

Hikmet, Thank you VERY much for this video. I learned a lot. I still have some work to do on the FMC, and I would never be brave enough to take off without the entire flight programmed in without errors, but I guess it's a matter of practice. Thanks again for the effort, awesome video, awesome airplane.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

A very good effort and I'm sure it will be a big help to people. I enjoyed watching it !! Just a llittle tip for the future. No need to turn on the fuel pump for the APU.The reason being is that the APU takes fuel from the left wing using gravity and does not require a pump to be on. If you have fuel in the centre tank then you would turn a pump on for that so that would sort out a possible fuel imbalance in the wing tanks. Thanks for sharing the video. Fred.

The video is over 30 min. and you have about music on the begin that only < 2 min. Hypnotized.gifWatching first complete video and then say something about the music please. Praying.gif

The video is over 30 min. and you have about music on the begin that only < 2 min. Hypnotized.gifWatching first complete video and then say something about the music please. Praying.gif
Okay.I watched the complete video. You have music on through almost the entire thing. If you're just making a video to show off the plane and/or for fun then including whatever music you want fits. But, you made the video as a tutorial (you even said yourself it matches PMDG's written tutorial) and having random music playing through something meant to be used as a teaching tool to others isn't helpful.If I knew 0% about how to operate this plane and I watched your video, I would be very distracted with constant music while trying to follow along with the flows or their own printed manuals. Take the advice how you want.

No comments on the video or audio butone of the bugs is the Transition Altitude 17000 i.s.o the correct 18000.So in this movie it started with 18000. Is this the result of a unknown update??Grtz Jovabra

nice video and nice scenery! what scenery are you using there? Shouldn't you better wait arming the A/T until you've reached the runway?

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

No comments on the video or audio butone of the bugs is the Transition Altitude 17000 i.s.o the correct 18000.So in this movie it started with 18000. Is this the result of a unknown update??Grtz Jovabra
Wondering about this too. It was 18,000, but it just changed to default 17,000 one day and stayed that way each time I load a new flight. Weird.

Awesome vid to demonstrate the NGX. Not so much a tutorial, but hey.Music is a bit distracting, but its not on throughout the entire video, actually, only around 17.4% of the video contains the elevator music!Good vid keep em coming!!Joel Fraser

To: Whoever made the video - I have the same comment as the 1st reply you got on Utube."I would prefer it, if you would talk instead of that elevator music." Potentially a GREAT video, maybe you might consider re-editing it.Great Video -- totally USELESS audio sad.png (1) Cut the Music as soon as you enter the Cockpit.(2) Lay down a Voice Audio, narrating your Flow, etc Then you would have a winner. rolleyes.gif It would be actually EASIER to do it that way... Record the procedures, with Cockpit sound.Then Edit it and lay down the narration afterwards... that way you can get the Narration "perfect" :) ---------------One of my pet Utube peeves -- Videos with elevator music, while someone endulges themself in some complex procedure, clicking away at thing etc, without a work of explanation. It's even worse when you do this in a 737 cockpit !!! Geoff
It was me, who commented on that video. I hate those elevator music during those videos....instead of doing that, just let the normal sounds take place or record some voice to go with it. Music like that is almost to painful to hear, even if it IS only on certain spots. Otherwise, solid video.

nice video and nice scenery! what scenery are you using there? Shouldn't you better wait arming the A/T until you've reached the runway?
According to FCOM 1, you arm the A/T in the 'Before Start' flow. Regarding the music, I prefer even elevator music to the thrash metal you normally get.

Hi Hikmet ! What a great video ! Fantastic ! Thanks That is great for a 'FMS Newbie ! You make it look so easy...I've gotta look into this 'Step' procedure - that's got me baffled still...and I haven't seen that cabin view before..You've got me going now ! Well..I'm not really a newbie - I've been flying FS since FS1, but the NGX hasfinally got me into 'proper' flight preparation. I've been using charts for some years, then the CH yoke & pedals, then flightplanning with FS Commander, then.. Real World Flightplan Database(http://www.edi-gla.co.uk/fpl/login.php?go=/fpl/search.php) ..andRouteFinder(http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/) ..andnow programming the FMS...The default 737 did get me interested in the 'Startup' procedure - and the PMDG737NGX has now really got me into it - thanks a lot. Your Flight Attendant's voice got my dog's attention - she looked at the screenand wondered 'He's off again - where is he going to fly to today' - it's abouttime he took me out - since he got that aircraft I've had no walkies..' :-) I particularly like your 'Pointing out' with the mouse pointer - very intuitive.I have flown the tutorial flight a few times, but I'm still a little rusty. Yourvideo clarifies a few items for me. Thanks again. Great video. Can't wait for yourdescent/landing production ? Hint hint. Well done, Hikmet.What a beautiful aircraft. Well done PMDG.Regards from the UKBill Cusick