Sign in to follow this  
FlyingBubbles

Hardware throttle Idle but still 30%N1 on landing

Hello, Ok, I can't find it anywhere if this is a normal thing for the NG to do. It might have something to do with my throttle deadzones? I have a T. Flight HOTAS X and when I flare out, of course I reduce throttle to idle. Somehow as the NG is braking, it increases the N1 back to around 30% even if my hardware throttle is Idle. I have to keep on pushing F1 on my keyboard for it to finally idle the engines during a rollout. How can I set the throttle settings so it idles after touchdown? Thank you. MJ O'Donnell

around 30% sounds very reasonable for me ... and its a normal behavior, I would worry if you are 500agl and n1 is 60% on idle

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Go to the controls menu, and set the throttle sensitivity to 100%, and set the null zone to 0%.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

there's a difference between ground idle and flight idle.flight idle is a higher % N1 in order to improve spool up time in case of a Go Around.

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

So in reality, after touchdown the throttle revs itself up to about 30%? My main concern about the throttle is that my hardware throttle always seems to have a discreptancy between what F1 gives me and what Idle throttle is. What I mean is that with F1, the engine idle is about 21 %, with hardware throttle, idle is about 23%. Is there a way to make them agree? And yes, sorry I think it is the same posting as the other one.... I do apologize... this forum is quite difficult to find anything in even with the search function. MJ O'Donnell

If the F1 n1 and your throttle n1 are not the same you need to calibrate your throttle ... I think people use fsuipc for it

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit