Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

ILS frequencies in FMC not correct

Just noticed that some ILS frequencies in the FMC aren´t correct. I had to look in FS Commander to get the correct frequency and course. This happened mostly on german airports, EDDF for example. Hasn´t happened so far on american ones. Maybe PMDG should check their database and see if they can correct the frequencies, that would be very nice.

Give us some example? And just for the record, that is not PMDG fault, navgraph should provide accurate navdata. Lj. Prodanovic

More likely that your scenery is out of date I think the fmc takes data from navigraph and not whats in the fsx scenery. Jason P.

Hi,For instance in EDDF a new runway will open soon. The old runways got a new name. 7R is now 7C now for instance. I am not sure if the real world ILS frequencies have changed but I think so. Maybe the Navdata is also correct to the new world data. Only the FSX (default?) Airport isn't correct. Might you get an update for the AFCAD to solve the problem. Hope that helps. ~John

Those ILS frequencies come from the AIRAC that comes from Navigraph. Those are the most up to date frequencies. The ones in FSX date back from 2006.

• Upvote 1

I noticed that too on EDDF 25Lshould be 110.7 (for fsx) and in fmc it is 111.15 (rw)but this is an error in the airac database ... just dont trust the fmc blindly ... always confirm on charts edit:I wouldn't call it error, but it doesn't fit with the fsx frequences so you need to be careful

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

I am running the AIRAC 1108, so that is not the problem and I have the Aerosoft Frankfurt airport. So there is a problem with the navdata from Navigraph.

No, EDDF 25L's correct frequency is 111.15, check the current chart, as in real world chart, which is reflected in the navigraph data on the FMS. FSX uses the old data, if you happen to have the Aerosoft Mega Airport Frankfurt addon, there was a patch issued to update the ILS frequencies. Interesting to see that EDDF has already changed the designation of 07L/25R to 07C/25C for the new runway... Andrew

The frequencies in the FMC are correct. The changes comes with the Navdata updates. You just have an old FSX scenery. 2 solutions; 1. Buy the Megaairport EDDF of Aerosoft (or check for updates) or 2. Go here; http://forum.ivao.ae...91656#msg891656And put the *.bgl file in your addonscenery folder. Be aware that some other airports also might have an ILS frequency update. EDDM for example. Greets Marcel

• Upvote 1

I noticed that too on EDDF 25Lshould be 110.7 (for fsx) and in fmc it is 111.15 (rw)but this is an error in the airac database ... just dont trust the fmc blindly ... always confirm on charts edit:I wouldn't call it error, but it doesn't fit with the fsx frequences so you need to be careful
I am running the AIRAC 1108, so that is not the problem and I have the Aerosoft Frankfurt airport. So there is a problem with the navdata from Navigraph.
You're not getting it. The frequency in the FMS ir correct. You can confirm that in real-world charts, with pilots or with the airport directors. FSX's frequencies are the ones that are wrong. Well, not wrong exactly. Just outdated. They're five years old. You scenery may also be needing an update. EDDF may have changed the ILS frequencies, but Aerosoft may not have updated that yet. Navigraph's AIRAC updates are not based on FSX, even because if they were, we woldn't need it because it never changes. They are based on real-world changes. That's why you get different frequencies displayed in your FMS and in FSX. So, summarizing: the FMS is right because it's up to date on real-world navigation databases. FSX is wrong because it's database is 5 years outdated.

Matheus Mafra

yes, fmc data are right, but then ... what's the use of using these up to date data? if I want to perform an Ils landing in fsx, then I'll have to tune in to the frequency fsx has in it's database. jos denisebbr

I found to my chagrin that we have at least 3 different sources of airport information, the FSX database, the PMDG database and the FSC database, and it was at the Frankfurt airport that I found out when on my first attempt my autoland landed at an angle to the runway, and on my second attempt landed in the grass beside the runway. There are 3 things you can do about it: 1) Spend hours (and money) every month updating all of your databases; 2) take not of airports that have contrary data to what you normally use and don't land there any more; 3) take it as part of the game's challenge and land by hand when it happens (I do the latter). Pilot to tower: "Tower, your runway has moved!"Tower to pilot:"Don't ask me, I only started yesterday." Henri

Henri Arsenault

FSC should be able to use the Navigraph database, the problem is FSX's navaids are somewhat outdated. However looking for newer AFCAD's in the library before a flight mostly helps.

Fabrizio Sassi

You can d/l a specific FSC update from Navigraph each month. Running a 'registry fix' might help, it did me on the 747 with this issue.