Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

ILS frequencies in FMC not correct

You mean the FMC data is correct to REAL world, but we're going to have to find fixes to make it work with flight simulator because flight simulator uses older data. But in the end, we need it to be compatible, especially after being asked to freshly install our FSX.

Chris Hicks

Very interesting topic....but technically would it be possible to update at once the FSX database if some one could recopile entire database or we have to use ADE for every single airport?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Pilot to tower: "Tower, your runway has moved!"Tower to pilot:"Don't ask me, I only started yesterday."Henri
hahaha nice one Henri LOL.gif

Very interesting topic....but technically would it be possible to update at once the FSX database if some one could recopile entire database or we have to use ADE for every single airport?
There are over 24,000 airports in FSX, and Hundreds of Thousands of nav aids. It would be a huge project to update the whole world and would probably take one person years to track all the info down and change everything. By the time you did that it would all be obsolete again and you would have to start all over again. That is why nobody has done it, and because there is a much simpler solution.Start with the airports you fly to most. If the data for your favorite airports is outdated and incorrect then go to AVSIM and search for a newer AFCAD and then update them so they match the real world AIRACS. Or what most people do is buy the scenery for the airports they fly to most and that scenery usually has all the latest updates. For the airports you do not want to buy just replace the default FSX Airport Scenery with newer AFCADs which are Free.Once your done with that and you want to fly some place new, check before departure to see that the arrival airport information is correct so you won't have problems when you get there. If the info for the airport is incorrect then get an updated afcad. Do this one at a time as you fly to new airports and in a couple months all the airports you fly to with frequency are updated. This is on the only way! There is no magical all in one solution.To the guys that are saying they don't keep their airacs up to date, I hope your not using real world charts or flying online cause this just doesn't work either. If you want to keep up with the times updating your afcads, buying airport scenery and getting new AIRAC files every month is a fact of life in the FS World and there is no getting around it. It is also an addicting and expensive hobby.Just so there is no confusion here. The FMC data is provided by Navigraph and used by the PMDG NGX. So if the data is not correct or their is an error is not PMDGs problem it's Navigraphs.The Navaids on the ground are part of FSX scenery if these are incorrect it's Microsofts problem. But these can be fixed by getting updated AFCADs which are free, or buying airport scenery. This is not going to change so accept reality and do what everyone else already does. Or you could retire as airline pilot and find a cheaper hobby.

Start with the airports you fly to most. If the data for your favorite airports is outdated and incorrect then go to AVSIM and search for a newer AFCAD and then update them so they match the real world AIRACS.
Thank you very much for your advice, you are right. That's true for big, medium airport, but if I can't retrive afcad file from avsim for small airport? Can I use ADE to update only ILS freq?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Had the same thing today flying from EHAM to EDDF, wanted to land at 07L. In the end it turned out the runway didn't even exist! Lol... In PMDG's database there are runway 07L, 07C and 07R, but the actual Aerosoft airport only has 07L and 07R. I ended up landing in de trees, lol. Couldn't see that there was no runway because it was foggy.

Had the same thing today flying from EHAM to EDDF, wanted to land at 07L. In the end it turned out the runway didn't even exist! Lol... In PMDG's database there are runway 07L, 07C and 07R, but the actual Aerosoft airport only has 07L and 07R. I ended up landing in de trees, lol. Couldn't see that there was no runway because it was foggy.
:-) Aerosoft will update EDDF with the new 07L/25R.

Riccardo

:-) Aerosoft will update EDDF with the new 07L/25R.
It was updated some days ago - I have the EDDF 07L/25R same with renamed taxiways etc. and everything works just fine.This is an temporary update until a new version of Frankfurt will be released some time in the future.

keeping things very simple, PMDG should just supply planes with Airac compatible with FSX database, then provide option to install latest Airac, for those who fly online.Most simmers dont fly online, and its hassle running around looking for old Airac that will match fsx database, Simple!!!.

keeping things very simple, PMDG should just supply planes with Airac compatible with FSX database, then provide option to install latest Airac, for those who fly online.Most simmers dont fly online, and its hassle running around looking for old Airac that will match fsx database, Simple!!!.
It may not be as simple as you think. PMDG doesn't specialize in building AIRAC data. It's not easy and that's why PMDG relies on Navigraph. To implement your solution, unless Navigraph still had an AIRAC database that was current as of the date for the data coded into FSX, someone would have to create one to load in the FMC. That's because the FMC almost certainly requires some database installed in order to function. That someone wouldn't be PMDG, and the someone likely would want to be paid.I'm not saying it's impossible, just that it's not necessarily "Simple!!!"

Herman Ross

Seattle, USA

There is a setting in the setup pages in the FMC about where to get the data, from FSX or not. PMDG writes about it in the installation pdf, this problem with old outdated scenerys.I have set mine to use FSX and never had a problem with ILS freqs. I use Airac 1108 right now, just to keep updated with all other navdata.

Per W Sweden

There is a setting in the setup pages in the FMC about where to get the data, from FSX or not. PMDG writes about it in the installation pdf, this problem with old outdated scenerys.I have set mine to use FSX and never had a problem with ILS freqs. I use Airac 1108 right now, just to keep updated with all other navdata.
Thanks for that tip, i will check out this setting in FMC, sounds like just the thing i need.Is this setting only in NGX FMC , or is it inb other PMDG addons like 747/md11/j41 as wellThanks

I have just searched the 3000 page PMDG manuals could not find where i need to set NAV data source.Could you please tell me where you set FMC nav data source. I want to set my PMDG FMC to use FSX data.and i want to do this for all PMDG a/c i haveThanksJames

The pdf isPMDG-737NGX-Introduction.pdf,not the 737 manuals. All settings is in there and how to find them, also some info about FSX weaknes here and there. + lots of other interesting info.look for SET FSX LOC CRS, almost right of me. But anyway I have never had any problems with ILS. I just have this setting ON and sets the NAV1 and course to what FMC says.Worked so far !!

Per W Sweden

I forgot to add.I have RC4 and when RC4 says one freq and FMC another I use what FMC says. Also have some of the Maga addons and for ex. Heathrow both UK2000 and Aerosoft works ok.Can some one tell what airport and runway you have problems with and I will be happy to test them. I might just been lucky so far that the freqs are the same where I am flying. Most ofthe time in Europe

Per W Sweden