Sign in to follow this  

i know why this happend its beacuse it installed the pmdg 747 in program files the 32 bit version and my fsx is running on program files (x86) the 64 bit version. so i moved the files to program files (x86) and that causes some security thing that turns off the gauges after 1 min. but evrey time i try to install it it goes to the normal program files 32bit. and then i deleted the fsx in the normal program files and now when i try to install it it ays unable to locate fsx.exe. please help from joss

OK, instead of deleting/moving files, you should always use the uninstallers. There are hundreds of registry entries connected to these files/folders & moving them will cause nothing but problems. First step is you'll need a good, clean installation of FSX. Run the uninstaller (if it'll run after moving files around.) Manually delete any remaining files/folders. Clean your registry! I recommend CClean, it's free & effective. Run it 3-4 times or until it finds no problems & then restart your computer. Follow this installation guidehttp://support.preci...nstall-fsx.aspx EDIT: For what it's worth, \Program Files (x86)\ is the 32-bit folder, not 64

Are you using a legitimate PMDG copy? ie, did you buy it?

Well file a support ticket with PMDG giving as much details possible

Guest Turboblower
OK, instead of deleting/moving files, you should always use the uninstallers. There are hundreds of registry entries connected to these files/folders & moving them will cause nothing but problems. First step is you'll need a good, clean installation of FSX. Run the uninstaller (if it'll run after moving files around.) Manually delete any remaining files/folders. Clean your registry! I recommend CClean, it's free & effective. Run it 3-4 times or until it finds no problems & then restart your computer. Follow this installation guidehttp://support.preci...nstall-fsx.aspx EDIT: For what it's worth, \Program Files (x86)\ is the 32-bit folder, not 64
Cannot stress this enough, FSX should not be installed in proggy files, it should have it's own directory, to avoid security issues.I would suggest the OP visits simforums and search for NickN's thread on how to set up windows and fsx. Edit: sorry Ken, meant to have quoted the OP, not you.