Sign in to follow this  
Laaf84

Stuttering

Hi guys,After installation of the NGX, the sim stutters a lot. Seems like it's loading something every second. Fps is normal @ 30 fps but drops to 2 fps every 2 secs or so. I tweaked the FSx.cfg as per manual, i also tried various settings in Fs to eventually bare minimum, but no luck. My system runs Win7 32 bit on core 2 quad 2.4ghz, 3.0 gb ram and gefore gtx560. All other addons and planes run normally and no other background programs are running. Any ideas?Regards,Jeffrey

I assume your frames are locked? Trying locking at a lower value, say 24. It might just be your setup. Core 2 @ 2.4 with 3GB of ram. Time for an upgrade perhaps? Trevor

Guest Tamadeez

hmm try fps set to unlimited. Takeoff those FO displays. Maybe even try optimizing your nvidia settings. Last thing i can think is your 32bit is causing problems.

Hi guys,Fsuipc is not installed so that's not it. All other high end addons run normally and smooth. It's only the ngx, so i don't think it's my system specs. It's not an occasionally stutter as situated in the other post. For me it's a continues stutter as soon as I move the plane.Any ideas?Jeffrey

Btw after removing/reinstalling FSX and NGX i did not had to reactivate the NGX. Is this normal behaviour or could that be the problem?

First of all please sign your posts with full real name per forum rules and respect to people who are trying to help you (moderators will delete your unsigned posts/threads). Regarding stuttering: NGX is more demanding than other addon planes, it has bigger textures, geometry used to maximum and of course the most complex systems, therefor it needs resources. While running NGX on my system with 4GB I noticed that system is forced to unload over 500mb of OS to make space for FSX so I decided to upgrade my memory to 8GB which resolved most (not all) of stuttering and OOM errors. Regarding activation: on my system NGX didn't ask for reactivation either, so I think it's how it works and I like it. Cheers,

If the stuttering is due to the lack of ram, should the stuttering be significantly less when i lower the settings in FS? This is not the case, main fps are pretty good in high settings and even better in minimal fsx settings, as you would expect. But stuttering remains the sam. And if i check ram usage in task manager it's not using all ram, still got about 500 mb free available.Regards,Jeffrey van Luit

Jeffrey, When you say "no other background programs are running", we all know that's not true with Windows. Open Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, double-click on the CPU column to sort the top % processes that are eating your CPU cycles and see what else besides FSX is jumping up on that list. Anti-virus? Startup Services? Gotta be something. Funny you brought up stuttering too as the other day I had that happen...turned out to be LiveATC.com running in Flash in my browser. The NGX runs smooth on my old system so no reason it shouldn't on yours. Good luck!

Chris Lundberg

Currently not able to check all of that, so will do that first thing tomorrow. But if another program is using my CPU, shouldn't that be noticeable flying other addons as well. Or does the NGX require significantly more then for example the md11, that the md11 runs smooth @ 25 fps and the NGX stutters?Regards,Jeffrey

Oke guys, itried again some tweaking. Used the NVidia inspector and set it up as prescribed somewhere elso in the PMDG forum.Check task manager during operations of FSX :NGX plane all sliders set to minimal or low:CPU usage is around 30%Mememory:3071 MBIn Cache: 1411MBAvailable: 1496MBFree: 144MBNo other programs use CPU according task manager. So I don't think it's a hardware problem, but something within FSX and NGX.Any help please, getting kinda desperate! Regards, Jeffrey

Something else I forgot to mention:If the NGX is parked and i want to look around in either the VC or outside the sim stutters as well.As soon as I press the Pause button I am able to look around in de VC and outside smoothly without any stutters. Hopefully this helps solving this issue, Regards, Jeffrey

I still use Autosave. My stutters disappeared when I change the autosave interval from 60 seconds (default) to 1800 (one autosave every 1800 seconds which is 30 minutes). Ed

Fully disable your virus protection for 5 minutes and test..
Norton and Kaspersky,both of which i have used, Kaspersky most recently, are in my opinion the worst offenders. Even if you exclude FSX and anYthing else related from there scanning, they are still working overtime in the background on the rest of your software. I just dumped Kaspersky and went with the new Microsoft AV and i can't believe the difference. What amazed me more was that i always just run Realtemp in the back ground as i am overclocked and my max temp on my hottest core was 61 deg. C during FSX sessions. Since switching, that has dropped to 55 deg. C.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg