Sign in to follow this  
Zishan

Need help for world of ai

Hi there I installed world of ai the other day I noticed something when see a plane from a distance it's grey when I zoom into it it shows it's normal colours as in if it's a us airways looking at a distance it will be grey zoom on to it it will be normal, I'm using fsx on windows 7 64bit I never got this problem on windows xp, pleassse help

AI have LOD modelling. Basically the further away it is the less polygons are displayed, so the resolution gets less. Ie you dont need to see the lowered undercarriage when the plane is 20 mile away so it is not displayed, as the plane gets closer more is displayed, this is to reduce overheads. The default FSX Ai are mostly flyable plans and this does cause a huge FPS hit if too many are displayed. AI dont have cokcpits, because of this you can have a lot more AI , if you use flyable planes as AI you would not be able to display a lot because of the FPS hit, and the amount of resources needed to display them.