Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

Black screens and alt tabbing - hardware related?

Getting these since i installed the NGX although i have had them before. Basically once you minimize the screen (to use 3rd party app) in ANY way will cause a black screen for me that will not restore unless the sim is restarted. Can this be a hardware issue? i5-760 OC to 4asus p7p55e-lx8gm xps Gskill ripjaws ddr2-1033gtx 470 1.2gb750W rosewillWin 7 pro

Are you using the ENBSeries mod?

Don't do that.Do an alt+enter to go windowed. That was it never crashes for me. It does very rarely though your way, but it does.

you should be able to recover from that bringing the Windows focus back to FSX (even if nothing shows up) and hitting alt-enterbetter to avoid alt-tab like Word Not Allowed said

I think it has something to do with the ENB mod. Try disabling it (Shift+F12) before minimizing then enabling it when you go back into FSX

you should be able to recover from that bringing the Windows focus back to FSX (even if nothing shows up) and hitting alt-enter
Also correct. Usually is then your windowed mode misaligned, usually wrong ratio from the one that I have set usually... I never alt-tab from full screen.

Ok ill try with the NGX and confirm or deny . Thanks NGX.

Also correct. Usually is then your windowed mode misaligned, usually wrong ratio from the one that I have set usually... I never alt-tab from full screen.
FSX does recover, but the Black Screen does not. In other words, the sim has not CTD but the screen stays black. And it does it no matter how I minimize. Whether i use the pull down bar, windows key, alt tab, alt enter - it doesn't seem to resolve the black screen although the sim may actually be still running.

If you just click Esc and then minimise is what i do. Then you can just click on the taskbar to get it back up agin.