Sign in to follow this  
veldthui

Does Linda handle Compound controls?

LInda looks good but I have a Saitek Yoke and use FSUIPC to make compound controls. There is a switch on the yoke that has three positions and depending on if it is 1, 2, or 3 depends what is sent when I press other buttons. Use the modes for takeoff, cruise, and landing.An example is [buttons]1=CP(+2,8)2,1,K88,102=CP(+2,9)2,1,K88,11Can Linda do the same thing? --whoops needs to be moved. I must have hit the back arrow just before posting. Sorry.

LINDA can accommodate a local shift/modifier and a global modifier but it cant do three modifiers like is available in the Saitek SST software and in FSUIPC. In LINDA you will see a SHIFT check box in the top right corner of the page when in a joystick button assignment pages, tick the box then assign, it really is very simple to use compared to editing the FSUIPC.ini manually and assigning virtual button flags etc.

Cheers, Andy.

missing compound buttons also for a wish list of linda: perhaps a FSUIPC code boxwherein one can paste FSUIPC code, inc multiple lines copy/paste old fsuipc.ini code in the box(and have 1 place for code/definitions/edit/fixes/testing) ??would be great

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

missing compound buttons alsofor a wish list of linda:perhaps a FSUIPC code boxwherein one can paste FSUIPC code, inc multiple linescopy/paste old fsuipc.ini code in the box(and have 1 place for code/definitions/edit/fixes/testing)??would be great
actually, with some LINDA experiencecompound buttons probably can be achieved by calling a MCRO through lua2cts

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

You need no FSUIPC as LINDA has integrated compund buttons as Andy described above.But of course, you can use Macros if you like it ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUt I dont want to use the shift. I wanted to use the three way switch from my Saitek yoke. Using compound keys in FSUIPC it is very easy to do this. Just by moved the switch from 1 position to the next to the next I could have the same switch controlling three different functions. Then add shift, ctrl, etc to thos for even more.A wish idea for future would be to have a slection to use a switch as a modifier just like I have said above.