Sign in to follow this  
triholer

How do you place gauges into other panels?

Hi, I was wondering how do you place gauges into other panels. For example, I want to place the iFly 747 FMC into a 737 panel that I have. I tried to copy the lines for window 7 (FMC panel) on the iFly 747 panel.cfg and pasted them into my 737 panel.cfg, but to no avail. I am aware that merging gauges is possible, but what is the correct way? Oh, and this is strictly for my personal use, I have no intent to upload this to a flightsim website so do not tell me that this is illegal and rude, I am doing this ONLY FOR ME.

Are you trying to do it in the 2d panel or the VC? You might be able to do as you stated for the 2d panel but the gauge has to be placed either in your panel folder or the gauges folder. If you want it on the main panel in the 2d you can add the line in the main window of the panel.cfg. You have to be sure that the gauge number is the next one in sequence following the previous entry. The line will have four numbers at the end. The first is the horizontal position of the gauge, the second is the vertical position of the gauge, the next is the horizontal size of the gauge and the last is the vertical size of the gauge. It will most likely not be in the correct position on the panel or the right size. You will have to adjust the numbers to fit where you want it and what size you want it. If you are trying to put it on the VC forget it as it won't work unless you are trying to replace an existing VC gauge. If so you may be able to swap it with an existing VC gauge. The size and position has to be exactly the same. There is an excellent payware program called FSPanelStudio which you can purchase to easily do what you want on any panel. It works on all MS FS versions since FS98 and most MS Combat Sims. If you want to PM me I'll try and work with you offline via e-mail. Bob.

Bob & Tri Motor, Seriously doubt, that even if the gauge "did" (FMC) show up on any window, it would not work for any purpose. It needs input/output to the gauges that they where specifically designed for. For a install & working unit you may want to try http://www.isgsim.com/ Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi Roman. Thanks. You are right. It probably would not work once it was on the panel. I was merely trying to explain how to install a gauge on the panel. Bob.

thanks for the replies, and I did try it out and it shows, except like Roman says, it does not function. I will look into a panel editor program though.~Carl

thanks for the replies, and I did try it out and it shows, except like Roman says, it does not function. I will look into a panel editor program though.~Carl
Sorry that the gauge did not work in the panel. Getting FSPanelStudio will not make it function. All it does is graphically help you to position gauges on the 2d panel. It will not make a non-functional gauge function. Bob.