Sign in to follow this  
Iccccie

Strange Zoom problem

Hi Today i had to reinstall my 737. It only crashed to desktop with "A fatal error occured" upon loading aircraft, didn't matter how i loaded it. So i tried uninstalling it and dowloaded a new setyp with the hotfix 3 patch and installed it with liveries. But now my zoom looks really strange.. Zoom 1.0 now looks like zoom 3.0 (see attachment) and if i zoom out the most to 0.3 it feels like 0.7 zoom was before Any idea of what happened?

Have you tried resetting the seat position (default ctrl+space)

yes, thats not the problem.. is the same for all views! even the all the wing views are *too* zoomed for being zoom 1.0

Guest Tamadeez

try wideviewaspect=true

You know, that's actually the most realistic zoom level. Normally we set it to lower zoom levels so that we see more, but technically speaking, through a window the size of your computer screen, that is what you would see in the real cockpit. It is equivalent as changing the lens of a reflex camera. With a 50mm lens, everything looks just as it looks with your naked eye, yet photographed subjects will not fit full body in the frame, and you would have to walk back a lot. Instead of that, you can change to a wider lens (what we normally do in FS). More things will fit in frame, but the perspective will change. 1:1 zoom feels like "being there"... but it sucks on 1 monitor.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Guest Tamadeez

ok ill send you the invoice for my service