Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

holding off until service pack... users, thoughts on timeframe?

It was suggested to me to wait until the service pack arrives before I purchase. Do any of the users (not PMDG) have any thoughts on possible when? Thanks

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Mike, with hot fix 2 or 3, the aircraft is 100% stable in all phases of flight. More important than a SP, is your hardware and Windows install ready for the NGX? Finally, is your FSX installation pristine and ready for the NGX? I'm thinking a lot of instability issues (not panel freezes) could be traced back to "disorderly" FSX installations and hardware shortcomings.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Guest Tamadeez

just buy the plane already. What a useless thread

Mike, with hot fix 2 or 3, the aircraft is 100% stable in all phases of flight. More important than a SP, is your hardware and Windows install ready for the NGX? Finally, is your FSX installation pristine and ready for the NGX? I'm thinking a lot of instability issues (not panel freezes) could be traced back to "disorderly" FSX installations and hardware shortcomings.
Not really 100% stable. I experienced 3 freezes today (2 of them at LOWI/Aerosoft).First time ever since I bought the plane though.But I can't fing the reason. Me? My rig? The NGX?? Dunno.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

just buy the plane already. What a useless thread
What a friendly community you make this forum!
Not really 100%. I experienced 3 freezes today (2 of them at LOWI/Aerosoft). But I can't fing the reason. Me? My rig? The NGX?? Dunno.
Hmm. I spoke too soon! I've been flying all of my routes with no issues.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Mike:I know by visiting the forum you might think everyone have issues with the NGX, the reality is that the forum complaints or issues are coming from a very small percentage of the people who bought the NGX. For me even before the first hotfix my NGX was working perfectly and all my friends who purchase the NGX also had no problems. So, you don't need to wait for the first SP, you can buy it now as long as your FSX installation is ok and your computer have at least the minimum specs for the NGX you are ok.

Raul

San Juan, P.R..

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge, NvidiaGTX1080, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 1000w Power supply, Corsair H100 cooler

http://www.youtube.c...75?feature=mhee

I definitely would buy the plane, but I am also waiting for a SP to fix the occasional CTD

Jose De Campos

London

Guest Tamadeez

community aye. well i'll be the local garbage collector getting rid of all the trash which are in the form of tedious facecious posts.

community aye. well i'll be the local garbage collector getting rid of all the trash which are in the form of tedious facecious posts.
Let the mods do that. Use the report function if it's that serious (don't abuse it).

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I definitely would buy the plane, but I am also waiting for a SP to fix the occasional CTD
How do you know you will have an occacional CDT, I haven't had any problem with the plane.

Raul

San Juan, P.R..

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge, NvidiaGTX1080, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 1000w Power supply, Corsair H100 cooler

http://www.youtube.c...75?feature=mhee

Guest Tamadeez
Let the mods do that. Use the report function if it's that serious (don't abuse it).
Serious... no. I dunno im just trollin. However people really need to see, as in this thread that people make threads for the hell of it in the hope of getting responses. And then people actually get suckered into it.Really. Asking whether to hold off on the most anticipated fs thing ever. Hey actually do that and hopefully the price has been raised by then. The fine you pay for this thread... And me trolling... And my net usage to type this message

buy it!!!! this is definitly for me the best addon i have ever purchased, i do get a CTD when flying in orbx regardless of the hotfixes and suggested tweaks but im sure the sp will fix it asus ROG x58Core i7-970(6core) @ 4.4GHZ12GB Ram2 GTX480's SLI

Support forums are traditionally full of "negativity" because people come to get help for problems. Far less come to give praise. That's the nature.You might not need hotfixes or a SP. I don't. And the majority don't, so you don't see posts from those people.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

O only installed the hotfix today because PMDG have recommended it. I was having no problems anyway and still have no problems. I did notice that after capturing the glideslope that it now correctly announces " Single Channel "Before the hotfix it announced " CMD " which of course is wrong. I love this plane !! Love.gifLove.gifLove.gifLove.gifLove.gifLove.gif

saturdays are usually good days to buy and install new addons without issues. so my suggestion would be to try it out tomorrow

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable