Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

holding off until service pack... users, thoughts on timeframe?

I would say go for it! Personally I've never had so much fun in FSX!Chances you'll run into trouble I'd guess are pretty slim. Guess most people, just like me, are out there merrily surfin' around in their NGX's.And after a few tweaks FPS's are as good as ever! Party.gif

It was suggested to me to wait until the service pack arrives before I purchase. Do any of the users (not PMDG) have any thoughts on possible when? Thanks
Go for it !! You won't be sorry !

It was suggested to me to wait until the service pack arrives before I purchase. Do any of the users (not PMDG) have any thoughts on possible when? Thanks
Even without the hotfixes I did not have a single crash or freeze in all my flights.If installed properly into a well maintained system with reliable hardware, I'd say you shouldn't see much trouble. I recommend: go get the NGX! Be warned though: this thing makes you an addict.

Dave P. Woycek

when i buy something i buy it with assumption that it will do what it says on the tin. Aditional research reading reviews, asking at forums is what is done when you want make sure its what you want. This addon is complex, price reflects that, is it worth? To me it is, even if it has bugs, to someone else it may not be till all the bugs have been polished. As much as i do not like unfair bashing of anything i equally do not like peoples sky heaven best of the best comments, both are subjective.In my experience it is very hard to judge any product on any forum as there is huge influx of for and against attitudes. If you do not have any other advanced addons to fly with go for it, if you have, be it PMDG, Captain sim, or any other high quality plane wait till this baby has been service packed. You will have tons of fun even if it has occasional glitch here and there, as it does work as what it is meant to be, one step higher and further than any other addon i have tried. Most of the best things in the world have had difficult upbringing till they have reached the state of nirvana. In a strange way i do enjoy playing with stuff as it receives revisions and improvements, i am an early adopter, you may not be......

Why wait for the SP? The SP will also likely contain other features - hence a service pack not a Hotfix - The SP may then need Hotfixs to fix new items in the SP! My NGX is 100% stable with the latest Hotfix - Not a had a CTD - but I imagine at some point I will, not because of the NGX , but just because FSX as a habbit of doing so eventually - its a "Feature" of FSX - I think youll find a whole forum on it here on AVSIM somewhere, For those that post to say they havent or dont need the Hotfix because there sim as worked from day one - they not quite telling the truth - Although the main purpose of the Hotfixes was to sort out the issues with OOM and Freezes, they also contain a few bug fixes that everyone will have regardless of how stable their NGX is. Items such as the MINS bug from panel save states, wing flex, strobe issues etc. So my tip to you is buy it, start to learn how it all works, with the latest hotfix you wont have any issues and then when the SP comes along with even more features you will only have them to learn then! I flew into LOWI today - No Freeze or OOM in fact I have had FSX running now for nearly 2 days flown into 7 airports EGPH-EGBB-LXGB-LEPA-EGBB-LOWI-OMDB with some long layovers in between with the sim running constantly- and still no freeze or OOM - I dont think even my trusty LevelD 767 managed that many hours without a CTD.

Buggy. Not for all but will thou be one or not? Wait till fully developed
It's not a buggy product, believe me I've seen some buggy addons out there and this is not one of them. Somehow it's hard for me to believe that problems that occur with the NGX is not within the eyes of the beholder.And to say it isn't fully developed is just an insult to the guys who spent three years on it!

If you call this a buggy product what would you call the Airsimmer A320? Been in production for years, yet still only the Basic FS9 edition is released.

What worked for me was my original download link from my purchase had a new installer with all updates, uninstall the old and loaded new exe all is great just wishing for my runway lights at dawn and dusk hint hint guys.

Rich Sennett

Guest Turboblower
community aye. well i'll be the local garbage collector getting rid of all the trash which are in the form of tedious facecious posts.
What time will you be passing ? So I can put the bins out

Don't be deceived by reading support forums for an accurate idea of how well the NGX runs. People come here with problems for the most part... those running it without issues aren't going the come here and make threads about all of the problems they're not having. Personally I've been flying it since day one, and the only problems I've had were solved by the hotfix.
What a useless thread
What a useless post.

Guest Tamadeez

Okay so now it appears people want me gone please someone tell me how to deactivate my account so i can be gone for good. No I aint going for the pity vote here im serious.

Okay so now it appears people want me gone please someone tell me how to deactivate my account so i can be gone for good. No I aint going for the pity vote here im serious.
No need to deactivate. Just be gone and don't return.

Loser.gif Pathetic

Guest Tamadeez

Haha yeah Ive been trying to delete my account before this thread thingy, I really couldnt care less if I'm not wanted. I was just using a sneaky way to find out how to do it. Hookandbook2, you have just joined the unwanted Troll club with me congrats.

I think I would wait for SP3 if I were you. Typically the first service pack is rushed because a few customers don't know how to operate the computer, or the simulator, or the addon, and the company niggles the code a little to try and satisfy a wide range of malcontents. About six months after the first service pack, the sim community has finally identified all the genuine little bugaboos and the company will fix the first service pack code and change the mistakes in the original RTM. Of course, there will be dichotomy conflicts in the two service packs and it will take another two or three years for them to finally get everything right. So in mid 2014 PMDG will release a product that will install a perfect airplane, fix your computer and all it's programs, tune all your hardware to maximum efficiency, and prevent you from messing up in any way, shape, or form. THAT is the product you want to buy. Meanwhile, keep reading the forums, and learning all you can so you can be ready for the big day. Or ... Just buy the thing now and see what happens.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg