Sign in to follow this  
ABE

Best Memory for FSX

What memory to use for FSX - 6GB or 8GB? (XP64 and Windows7-64)What speed, brand, combination? Thanks.Abe

Please post all hardware related questions in the hardware forums. Your question is dependent on What processor socket type?

I'm sure there are no hardware posts in a certain other forum here at AVSIM, right? Abe, Need to know if you are going to use an AMD CPU chip or a Intel CPU chip? AMD = Dual Chanel so that is 2 sticks of memory. Intel = Triple Chanel so that is 3 sticks of memory.

I'm just trying to keep things tidy because a lot of people are putting hardware questions here and the PMDG forums and getting extremely inaccurate or wrong answers. The hardware forums are where the likes of dazz live

I'm sure there are no hardware posts in a certain other forum here at AVSIM, right? Abe, Need to know if you are going to use an AMD CPU chip or a Intel CPU chip? AMD = Dual Chanel so that is 2 sticks of memory. Intel = Triple Chanel so that is 3 sticks of memory.
Hello JimSandybridge is dual channel, the older i7's are triple channel

MaddogActually the i7 8xx series were dual channel DDR3 (2, 4, 8, or 16GB best options) and the i7 9xx series were triple channel DDR3 RAM (3, 6, or 12 GB best options. The SB's are all dual channel DDR3 to date as are the AMD's.RegardsPeterH

Okay guys. We don't even know what socket he's talking about so let's wait to see what he comes up with.

Guys, please read:http://forum.avsim.n...elated-threads/ Thanks.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.