Hey Guys, I started having this problem 2 nights ago, I would be coming in on approach and all of a sudden I have this major wind change. It would change from about 10kts to 75kts on short final. Has anyone else had this problem? Now coming in on approach I have to manually update the weather by going into weather on FSX and selecting user defined weather. Please help. Thanks

Hi, If ASE and FSX are communicating properly the weather theme in FSX should automatically be set to User Defined and that is where it should stay. Could be wake turbulence, but then where are you reading that the winds are going from 10 to 75?

Yeah Jim it did it on more than one occasion. One time I was flaring for touchdown winds went from 10kts to 75kts just like that. and now i have contrails down to 5000ft and i have to restet the weather myself

Hi, But where are you reading the winds from? From Shift/Z, a gauge on a panel, the Map in FSX, ASE Report screen? Contrails are controlled by air temperatures. Are you using current weather or archived data? Are you sure ASE and FSX are communicating correctly? Anything else running besides FSX and ASE?

I'm reading the winds from shift-Z but the plane reacts to the weather because after the wind change I had trouble getting the plane down. I'm not sure if they are communicating correctly now, But this just started happening 2 days ago. I'm running REX, ASE, FSX. I'm using current weather.

Hi, Make sure REX is closed after you submit textures. Also, is this at only one airport/runway or at multiple locations?