Sign in to follow this  
dazz

Gigabyte boards compatible with PCIe 3.0 with just a BIOS update

But with the current GPUs the bandwidth makes the tiniest difference to the performance.
correct, and it's to be expected it'll remain like that for years to come, especially in mono-GPU setups

Here is a link to what the new chipsets will actually provide:http://news.softpedia.com/news/Intel-Ivy-Bridge-Chipsets-Detailed-Includes-Z77-Z75-and-H77-Consumer-Models-197146.shtmlThey are Z77, Z75 and H77. The Z77 is probably closest to the Z68 only really introduces native PCIe 3.0 which will come in the update so I can't really see a need for a new mobo.

So does anyone know if the IB CPUs will be known as 3rd Gen Core iX or are they bringing in a new name.

So does anyone know if the IB CPUs will be known as 3rd Gen Core iX or are they bringing in a new name.
That would be the next architecture I guess, Haswell. Ivy Bridge is still Sandy Bridge really

Yes, that's what I thought. If there is a K version I will be going straight for it. It would be stupid to not have a K version with the success of the 2500k and the 2600k.

Yeah IB will be the next generation, that's how intel markets there products renaming with just a little extra.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Guest jahman
Yeah IB will be the next generation, that's how intel markets there products renaming with just a little extra.
A die shrink to one half the previous size (shrink factor = (32 nm / 22 nm) ^2 = 2.12) is way more than "just a little extra". Then ther'es also Tri-Gate. But Intel can't expect everyone to understand all of this. Cheers, - jahman.

A die shrink to one half the previous size (shrink factor = (32 nm / 22 nm) ^2 = 2.12) is way more than "just a little extra". Then ther'es also Tri-Gate. But Intel can't expect everyone to understand all of this. Cheers, - jahman.
a 22nm die not bad, hehehe it does not matter what intel comes out with I have amd to go with :) but dudes are supposed to be in the $1000 range , that's whooping price .

these are to replace the SB CPUs so there will be no $1000 version. Most will probably be $350 range.

these are to replace the SB CPUs so there will be no $1000 version. Most will probably be $350 range.
Are you sure as even the Bulldozer are almost out but don't know how well they will perform as AMD has not come out with any benchmarks or specs and the prediction on the price is almost similar. But I did see somewhere that the new Intel proc's are like $1000 / $500 not sure where did I see it.

Those prices would be for the Sandy Bridge-E, they re the replacement for the X58 chipset.

I never new a SB existed till I joined this forum :) . Never needed a high performance comp, my linux does everything I want except FSX :) but I was always on FS9 on the other system which is a P4 2.8 Ghz till I bought a dual core and then an Athlon X3 .

Ivy Bridge is not next Intel's generation, it's a die shrink, and there will be IB CPUs for both the mainstream socket LGA1155 and enthusiast LGA2011