Sign in to follow this  
Hawk777th

Yoke?

Yeah, I use the X52 as well. Had it quite a few years now and should really change it, will likely opt for the Saitek Yoke. Anthony Hammond

I find it interesting, actually, how many people are wondering whether to get a yoke or not and then are unsure what to do.I am in the market myself right now. Looking for a yoke/joystick.But when it comes to quality and precision, with joysticks, there are but two candidates: Saitek X-65F (for those who like Force Sensing) and the Thrustmaster A-10C Warthog both about 399,- eurosAnd yokes are divided into cheap leage like CH and saitek and then the high-endclass PFC etc. But most people won'T spend so much money and thus ask in the forums. Every forum i searched is full of those threats. I ask myself why? Why is it sooo difficult to buy a new input device for FSX?Why can't we just enter a shop, grab a box and buy it and be very pleased with what's inside?It always has to be "the best of the best" for no money at all, but be very sure not to get the one design with all the bugs in it (stickiness, labbering, dead zones, noncentering)Be honest: For every flaw i just mentioned, you will guess a n example real quick, like stickiness for the Saitek yoke and noncentering for the Logitech G940...! I really would like manufacturers to build good quality gear in EVERY price group. so one has not to be so much affraid of making the wrong dicision with his joystick/yoke....Praying.gif

I find it interesting, actually, how many people are wondering whether to get a yoke or not and then are unsure what to do.I am in the market myself right now. Looking for a yoke/joystick.But when it comes to quality and precision, with joysticks, there are but two candidates: Saitek X-65F (for those who like Force Sensing) and the Thrustmaster A-10C Warthog both about 399,- eurosAnd yokes are divided into cheap leage like CH and saitek and then the high-endclass PFC etc. But most people won'T spend so much money and thus ask in the forums. Every forum i searched is full of those threats. I ask myself why? Why is it sooo difficult to buy a new input device for FSX?Why can't we just enter a shop, grab a box and buy it and be very pleased with what's inside?It always has to be "the best of the best" for no money at all, but be very sure not to get the one design with all the bugs in it (stickiness, labbering, dead zones, noncentering)Be honest: For every flaw i just mentioned, you will guess a n example real quick, like stickiness for the Saitek yoke and noncentering for the Logitech G940...! I really would like manufacturers to build good quality gear in EVERY price group. so one has not to be so much affraid of making the wrong dicision with his joystick/yoke....Praying.gif
To be honest, if you're set on a stick, find someone who has the X65 so you can try it before buying. I have a friend who loves mine, but I consider it a complete waste of money. A completely rigid, pressure-sensitive stick is hard to get used to. The throttle is wonderful, however! On to something else. At the risk of being slightly off-topic and temporarily hijacking the thread (just a little...) here's that guide on modding the Saitek yoke I suddenly got a rush of PM's about! Big Grin.gifhttp://sehlah.com/yoke.pdf I'm sure there are still a few typo's and/or minor errors (it's so difficult proof-reading your own stuff) so it may change a little over the next week or so...

To be honest, if you're set on a stick, find someone who has the X65 so you can try it before buying. I have a friend who loves mine, but I consider it a complete waste of money. A completely rigid, pressure-sensitive stick is hard to get used to. The throttle is wonderful, however!
The thing i see in the X-65F is the absolute stunning durability! No moving parts mean no friction and thus no fading.My old Cyborg-X and Cyborg USB are simply torn up right now. Yes, they face many years in usage but it simply is not a joy flying with them anymore, so i need to replace them fast.And when i spend sooo much money as a yoke/throttle/pedals combi will cost (Saitek Yoke+throttle+pedals will be 360,-euros) i can look into the high-end joysticks as well, as they will eat up the same amount of money. Actually i did not sleep last night (my 2 year old is ill and i had to wipe his nose every 30 minutes...argl!)But i had time to think:What if the X-52+2xThrottle quadrants-pedals = 300,-euro Kombination will be the better advise.The stick is comonly used and refered to as solid but cheap enough to be replaced any time soon.The pedals will add an enormous amount of reality feeling (more than twisting a stick)The throttle quadrants will do for every addon plane as 6 levers are simply anough.And even if not enough, the X-52 come up with a throttle unit himself giving several buttons, liders, hat switches and a 7th axis as well! Just a thought, though, but i think worth counting into calculation whether or not a yoke is a must have. (yes, yes! Airbus are flown with a joystick (x-65F would be best here) and boeings are flown with a yoke! i know, i know! Keep it!)

And yokes are divided into cheap leage like CH and saitek and then the high-endclass PFC etc.
No, there is the Flightmaster Yoke from Vrinsight in between those leages. I have tried it in the shop and fell in love with it, but it is still expensive (370 euros) Had I know earlier I'd have saved the money i invested in the Saitek.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

No, there is the Flightmaster Yoke from Vrinsight in between those leages. I have tried it in the shop and fell in love with it, but it is still expensive (370 euros) Had I know earlier I'd have saved the money i invested in the Saitek.
Ok, thank you for the info.Actually, i think the OP isn't with us anymore, but i take your advice thankfully. And maybe he could get his informations from our discussion. Now the Vrinsight yoke:I looked it up and find it eats a LOT of space on the desk. So, if you do not build a cockpit and just use it on your desk to remove it once in a while to play a game or do a car race (iRacing2.0 i.e.Whistle.gif ) then it might not be the best solution. And it is expensive regarding it simply is a yoke! Nothing less but nothing more either. No buttons, no sliders...the puer yoke.Good quallity or not. for me it's too expensive. yoke..............370pedals...........150throttle...........120switchboard...100 (the cheap saitek one...pfc and goflight even have better but more expensive solutions)------------------------.....................740,- Euro for the combo. Well....i think you see it yourself....Worried.gif

Ok, thank you for the info.Actually, i think the OP isn't with us anymore, but i take your advice thankfully. And maybe he could get his informations from our discussion. Now the Vrinsight yoke:I looked it up and find it eats a LOT of space on the desk. So, if you do not build a cockpit and just use it on your desk to remove it once in a while to play a game or do a car race (iRacing2.0 i.e.Whistle.gif ) then it might not be the best solution. And it is expensive regarding it simply is a yoke! Nothing less but nothing more either. No buttons, no sliders...the puer yoke.Good quallity or not. for me it's too expensive. yoke..............370pedals...........150throttle...........120switchboard...100 (the cheap saitek one...pfc and goflight even have better but more expensive solutions)------------------------.....................740,- Euro for the combo. Well....i think you see it yourself....Worried.gif
Yes the Vrinsight Yoke is quite big and heavy indeed. And it would have been better if they'd implemented some buttons as well. I myself have bought a combo Saitek Pro Yoke + 3 lever throttles + and extra 'loose' 3 lever throttle set. So that gives me enough to fly a 747. 1 for the Speeddbrake, 2,3,4,5 as throttle levers and 6 to control the FLAPS. The yoke + 3 lv throttle was 250 euros and the extra 3 lvr throttles 70 euros

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I use an X52 myself in FSX...
I use the same thing. I find that when I got it was way to loose. I tightened the spring by adding some washers above the spring to make it stiffer. It also squeaks something fierce but I have the NGX so loud I can't hear it. wink.png I have thought about getting a yoke and peddles but I don't know if I want to get addicted to yet another facet of simming that will send me into another cost black hole. I own the goflight mcppro and I love it. I would love to get some of the more realistic hardware like the CDU and mcp from CPflight but it is just too expensive and it seems like it would be endless fiddling to get the hardware to work properly.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have been using the same yoke, a CH Products yoke since 2002! Still works great. No force feed back but I enjoy it and could not really imagine flying most the aircraft I have in FS without it.

I am considering selling my Pro Flight Yoke, the warranty will run out soon and I don't trust there to be no problems for 5 years or so. I don't want a CH or a joystick, what can I do?

I am also considering selling my Pro Flight Yoke, the warranty will run out soon and I don't trust there to be no problems for 5 years or so. I don't want a CH or a joystick, what can I do?
Use it until it no longer works and then get a new one?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

That'll make it harder to sell with a defect with it. They should just give me a new one. 2 problems in 6 months.

The first issue was with the hat switch. It lost it spring and the view would dive down very often. That was fixed and it has been OK for the last couple of months and now the problem with the Z Axis has arose. It is very twitchy in the 100% position and still pretty twitchy anywhere else so now I can't use it at all. I usually use it for speed brakes but now it decoration

The first issue was with the hat switch. It lost it spring and the view would dive down very often. That was fixed and it has been OK for the last couple of months and now the problem with the Z Axis has arose. It is very twitchy in the 100% position and still pretty twitchy anywhere else so now I can't use it at all. I usually use it for speed brakes but now it decoration
I've heard hooking up the accessory AC power supply can smooth out fuzzy pots. It's worth a try if you have 1 or 2 throttles hooked up to the yoke. Should be able to pick up a generic AC adaptor at radio shack (or your equivalent) for less than $10 USD.