Sign in to follow this  
Hawk777th

Yoke?

Hey guys I come from mostly combat flight sims (Janes DCS etc), and have been using my X52 Pro on FSX. Should I get a yoke? I haven't had one since the CH Virtual Pilot Pro in the mid 90s lol. Been looking at this Saitek?http://www.newegg.co...k=saitek%20yoke What are you guys thoughts?

hi Ash,When flying fighters, a yoke feels really weird and uncomfortable, so in that case, I'd say no.However, if you want to fly jetliners I personally prefer a yoke, it makes me feel I'm more in control (note that some people still prefer the feel of a joystick).The X52 is quite a popular choice, and there's not much wrong with it ( I think). I've got a CH Flight Yoke, which is really bland to look at, but also really good quality.Hope I've been of help,

Ya I have the X52 pro right now. But just feels dumb using a joystick on PMDGs products, Cessnas and other GA aircraft.

go for the saitek yoke and throttles, you won't be disappointed.

Depending on how much you want to spend, here are a few companies: Precision Flight Controls: www.flypfc.com CHProducts: www.CHProducts.com

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I'm not loving my ch yoke and ch throttle quadrant anymore pain in the to get working with ngx for me anyway, would buy saitek but the hat is not on the right hand side for panning, that would be a problem for me. Good luck.

Rich Sennett

I don't like yokes currently as they have no force feedback witch I enjoy having, I think current yokes just have springs but I might be wrong. Say what you'll like about flying Boeing with a joystick but I love my G940 with the third party add-on FS Force witch even adds concert bumps you can feel and overall more realistic effects. I would not feel like I need a yoke to answer your question from my point of view.

Go for the saitek. When you get it open it up & replace the springs with rubber bands. Adjust the number of wraps to your taste. End result is nice & smooth with an easy self-centering. It won't snap back when you let go & makes those positions just off center a lot easier to hitClarification: it still centers itself, just not violently like it does with the springs. Exponentially smoother....

Go for the saitek. When you get it open it up & replace the springs with rubber bands. Adjust the number of wraps to your taste. End result is nice & smooth with an easy self-centering. It won't snap back when you let go & makes those positions just off center a lot easier to hit Clarification: it still centers itself, just not violently like it does with the springs. Exponentially smoother....
Could you please do a guide on how to do this. I have been wondering. I opened it up but couldn't really see how rubber bands would help. Do you do it on the aileron axis as well.

Could you please do a guide on how to do this. I have been wondering. I opened it up but couldn't really see how rubber bands would help. Do you do it on the aileron axis as well.
yes, i'd like to see that as well ... sounds insteresting.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I'm at work at the moment but I'll put something together for you guys. It only takes about 5-10 to do, depending how much 'tuning' you do on the rubber bands

I use my trusty reliable old MS Sidewinder, had it since I was a baby 52 years ago and its still working. OK not had it that long, it just seems that way. Got a dead cheap Black Widow joystick with vibration and good shaped throttle. Cheap but works a treat, the MS is spare for me in case the throttle packs up like my last one and also for when my son comes. But the Saitek is what I`m saving for now, never had a yoke and not scared to make changes to it. I have an engineering background in the dark deep past so I do things like that occasionally.

using the Saitek Pro Yoke with throttles and have used the CH yoke before. I'd really like to try the Vrinsight Yoke with the NGX but it costs about 370 euros

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable