Sign in to follow this  
fulcrum_64th

AES and NGX

Hello All, Thinking of getting AES to enhance the default FSX weather. What's your experience with using AES and NGX ? Is the combination stable ? How's the impact on the FPS ? Thanks a lot Karim PS: typo sorry mean ASE=Active Sky Evolution :)

think u mean ase its great i got rex2 o/d for my textures and ase for my weather engine works great havnt had any of those s turns that i had experince b4 dont see much impact at all with fps since there are lots of tweaks u can do inside ase to improve fps

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Are you thinking about ASE, Active Sky Extreme? If so, I'm using ASX, the previous version. I don't get any frame hits from it, other than what the normal FSX weather does. And as Peter said, you can tweak it to your taste. Helaro Finnes

i recommend it highly, works perfectly together! just fiddle with the cloud settings a bit until you are happy. (tip: dont go higher then 3-4 cloud layers, as this will decrease performance greatly).

Stephan Faessler // designer, painter

P1 // vACC Switzerland Controller

impulseai

970abb2d.png

If you set the cloud resolutions to levels like 4096x4096, then yes. Most can run 1024x1024 but experimenting with each setting is best.

hi think this has been answered already in the above post my myself and others in short no, there are settings u can adjust to suit ur pc setting, personally i dont use the rex weather engine as found out it was causing unreal wind shifts etc so now i use ase as my weather engine and rex as my textures for clouds and water

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I lost a hellish amount of performance with ASE.. through good support I got a refund though, This was around 5months ago, maybe they have an update that fixes it, but I got serious stutters and fluctuations with it

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hello All, Thinking of getting AES to enhance the default FSX weather. What's your experience with using AES and NGX ? Is the combination stable ? How's the impact on the FPS ? Thanks a lot Karim PS: typo sorry mean ASE=Active Sky Evolution :)
I'm doing all my flights in FSX using the ASE/REX combination and wind smoothing through FSUIPC.No problems with the NGX so far.

Dave P. Woycek

Please I just got ASE and I need help setting it up. I"m a noob with weather. I tried doing real weather with my REX 2.0 OD engine, and no sooner was I in cruise alt than my NGX got possessed with an evil spirit (Buffet! Alert!!!), and the next thing I know, my NGX developed an alter ego that thinks it's just joined the blue angels and they just received a command from lead to go upside down LMAO.gif. So since I've heard so many good things about the ASE, I decided to buy it today. I don't know where to start. My aim is to fly with real weather. Thanks anyone

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Search these forums and you will find a good setup by Paul deemer I believe. It should give you smooth weather updates.

Sean Green