Sign in to follow this  
jboy92

Europe Flight Plans

Hi all,I am finally coming back to Flight Sim after a long 2 years away and i am upgraded to fsx in the next couple of days hopefully! my question is when i was using flightsim around 2 years i could go on to flightaware type in a flight within europe saw for example British Airways 901 EGLL-EDDF and it would give me the flightplan like it does on US domestic flights, however flightaware no longer seems to do that anymore and it was great help for me just to go on flightaware and choose todays flightplan.Is there anyother website that other this for flight plans for europe? i know there website with flightplans on but i love having the latest flightplan available just for realism so is there any websites out there that offer live europe flightplans?Thanks in advanceJboy92

SO does this mean that you dont need to go into FSXs flight planner and try and get it to create a relaistic routing? you can go on that website and "steal" one from the real world?? That sounds really good! What if noone is flying the route you want to do that day?

It is a database of recently filed, valid routes - it doesn't matter if anyone is currently flying the route. If there isn't a match for a particular airport pair, the tool will still return suggested routes from Eurocontrol CFMU.

Excellent! and can these be saved into FSX or have you got to recreate them in the flight planner / FMC ?? Sorry for my density on this matter!

Excellent! and can these be saved into FSX or have you got to recreate them in the flight planner / FMC ?? Sorry for my density on this matter!
No, this is a real-world flight plan creation and filing tool. You will have to enter the route string into the FMC or some other tool yourself. But if you have a license, you can file a real-world flightplan for your flight smile.png (They also have a paid option for simmers that lets you create a navigation log with real-world wind forecasts as well as chart access, but it is somewhat pricy at €10 / month).

This is an interesting site. But there is one problem, when I go to register, it asks for pilot license number and issuing agency, even though I've selected Aviation Enthusiast.

It is a database of recently filed, valid routes - it doesn't matter if anyone is currently flying the route. If there isn't a match for a particular airport pair, the tool will still return suggested routes from Eurocontrol CFMU.
That's why I use Vroute :-)

André

This is an interesting site. But there is one problem, when I go to register, it asks for pilot license number and issuing agency, even though I've selected Aviation Enthusiast.
Just put in dashes.

That's why I use Vroute :-)
vroute is really good - and the payware version has some nice features, including fuel planning and ability to save in a variety of formats. The OP asked about real-world flightplans, though, and EuroFPL is what I think comes closest to the "recently used IFR routes" feature on flightaware. By the way, a lot of the European routes in vroute have "Courtesy of EuroFPL" written next to them, so there appears to be some collaboration going on.

vroute is really good - and the payware version has some nice features, including fuel planning and ability to save in a variety of formats. The OP asked about real-world flightplans, though, and EuroFPL is what I think comes closest to the "recently used IFR routes" feature on flightaware. By the way, a lot of the European routes in vroute have "Courtesy of EuroFPL" written next to them, so there appears to be some collaboration going on.
Correct Tom that's why I referred to vRoute, using myself the premium version :-)

André