Sign in to follow this  
davidlondon

Can you totally delete a navigation plan in CDU and start over?

Is there a way of totally clearing the FMS of a navigation plan, so you can start over, for example if you want to change destination entirely, or you just wanted to make sure there were no hidden errors in what you had input so preferred to begin again. Had a key word search through the Boeing manuals, but couldn't find anything. Any guidance or advice much appreciated! Best wishes, David

Delete your departure airport on the RTE page! Hope it helps,

Delete your departure airport on the RTE page!
Does that work for you, Mats? When I try, I get an "INVALID DELETE" message.

Does that work for you, Mats? When I try, I get an "INVALID DELETE" message.
Try inserting a new departure airport rather than deleting the old one. That should do the trick.

Joe Sherrill

Is there a way of totally clearing the FMS of a navigation plan, so you can start over, for example if you want to change destination entirely, or you just wanted to make sure there were no hidden errors in what you had input so preferred to begin again. Had a key word search through the Boeing manuals, but couldn't find anything. Any guidance or advice much appreciated! Best wishes, David
Changing the destination doesn't really require that you delete the current plan. Just select a new destination with its approach and when you activate, a discontinuity will be introduced in the legs page. Simply fly from PP to the first point after the continuity by comanding a direct. One thing i have noticed though, is that you cannot select an approach by entering a new field in the lower LSK of the CDU in the DEP/ARR page. I really can't remember how the real CDU works there.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

ExNusquam has it right. Inserting a new departure airport will reset it. It will not work with deleting the departure airport as I suggested earlier.Cheers,

And of course the "new" depature airport can be the same one as before. It will reset the RTE page regardless.