Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tatave

VH-VZG and ZK-ZQB

Hello, About 2 months ago, I flew on VH-VZG, a Qantas 737-800 on a domestic Australian route. I have seen on various internet websites that VH-VZG was registered as such in August, 2009 and became ZK-ZQB about a month later. I am confused, as when I flew on this aircraft, it was registered as VH-VZG, which was registered on the New Zealand register 1 and a half years before. Are there any ideas on what this aircraft is registered as and if VH-VZG really is ZK-ZQB?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I suggest Airliners.net, apparently they're the same aircraft. You flew on her initially when she was brand new. Search for CN 34201/3006

Brand new addition to the QANTAS fleet on its delivery arrival in Melbourne. It will keep this registration for a very short time. Evidence of the next registration is on the nose-wheel door and at the top of the fin, ZQB. It also features the New Zealand flag instead of the Australian. Therefore it will be operated as ZK-ZQB by Jet Connect in NZ.

Hello, About 2 months ago, I flew on VH-VZG, a Qantas 737-800 on a domestic Australian route. I have seen on various internet websites that VH-VZG was registered as such in August, 2009 and became ZK-ZQB about a month later. I am confused, as when I flew on this aircraft, it was registered as VH-VZG, which was registered on the New Zealand register 1 and a half years before. Are there any ideas on what this aircraft is registered as and if VH-VZG really is ZK-ZQB?
The QANTAS aircraft that are registered in New Zealand are actually operated by Jet Connect, a New Zealand airline flying under the QANTAS brand on the New Zealand/Australia routes. This aircraft has once been operated by Jet Connect so this is why the change in registration now that it is operating with QANTAS. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Jetconnect I see these Jet Connect aircraft all the time from my front lawn as I have a view of Wellington Airport from my house. Cheers