Sign in to follow this  
jose88

738 at Madeira

Hello!!Only one question.Is the SFP Package needed for landing and TO at Madeira?How i can learn to use SFP? Like flaps config, speeds etc for TO and landing...Thanks

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Hello!! Only one question. Is the SFP Package needed for landing and TO at Madeira? How i can learn to use SFP? Like flaps config, speeds etc for TO and landing... Thanks
No. 767's and 747's are capable of landing there

A little off topic but i always wondered why runway 5 has this complicated approach from FUN vor. When turning at D6 you can´t see Gelo approach lights from the Captains seat. It would be much easier and safer if there was a FAP fix somewhere SE of Gelo so you could fly straight to it and have a MAP directed to FUN.

Its called the FUN VOR for a reason :(

There is no room for that, there is high terrain SE of gelo. They can install some IGS maybe..
Oh yeah. They could make of Madeira a new Kai Tak LOL.gif Would be lots of FUN. Anyway, Funchal Airport is a nice airport, and very challeging to fly into. The approach at RWY 05 is not that easy and there are some strong winds there. Just like Kai Tak =D. The only problem of it in FSX is that we need add-on scenery there because FSX's default scenery is all messed up. The altitude is totally worng.

Matheus Mafra

Oh yeah. They could make of Madeira a new Kai Tak LOL.gif Would be lots of FUN. Anyway, Funchal Airport is a nice airport, and very challeging to fly into. The approach at RWY 05 is not that easy and there are some strong winds there. Just like Kai Tak =D. The only problem of it in FSX is that we need add-on scenery there because FSX's default scenery is all messed up. The altitude is totally worng.
Aerosoft Madeira X

hmm, no high terrain. Only that island to the right, further south only sea. funchal.jpg

Everything on that approach is like it is for a very precise reason. For those of you who would like to know how procedures are constructed, all the information is found in ICAO8168-OPS/611 (pans-ops) Volume2. Maybe you can find it in google or a reduced version.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

A little off topic but i always wondered why runway 5 has this complicated approach from FUN vor. When turning at D6 you can´t see Gelo approach lights from the Captains seat. It would be much easier and safer if there was a FAP fix somewhere SE of Gelo so you could fly straight to it and have a MAP directed to FUN.
I think it is a matter of accuracy - flying outbound on 212 radial from FUN until 6DME you know exactly where you are when you begin the turn. And making the visual right turn from FUN DME6 to GELO is probably easier in the real plane than in FSX.

Aerosoft Madeira X
I know this one. It's actually the only payware scenery for Madeira and Porto Santo, or the only good one I'm aware of, at least. I was posting in a hurry and forgot to mention it. But it's a nice scenery. Still haven't got it, but it's already in my plans.

Matheus Mafra