Sign in to follow this  
jose88

738 at Madeira

Watch the videos below and you will see why they do it the way they do.

And you can get the scenery here. I have it and highly recommend it. If you have the scenery at least you can do the visual cues like they do in the real world. The Default FSX LPMA is awful and unrealistic. Not only that but the runway is a couple hundred feet too high. So if your looking at the default and wondering why they don't just go straight in well thats why. And if your not using any Mesh like FS Genesis or FS Global your not seeing the Terrain at the proper heights. http://secure.simmar...madeira-x.phtml
Its called the FUN VOR for a reason
That made me laugh Di. Everytime I see it I am thinking the same thing. FUN FUN FUN! Just%20Kidding.gif I also like finding Navigation Aids based on Hollywood Actors and TV Shows. Like in Hawaii you got Danno.Booke8 from Hawaii Five-O and Even Tom Selleck from Magnum PI is in there somewhere although I can't find him right now.

Can anyone post a COMPLETE FLIGHT PLAN for landing at Madeira please?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Can anyone post a COMPLETE FLIGHT PLAN for landing at Madeira please?
I'll try. Let's simulate a flight from Lisbon (LPPT) to Madeira (LPMA). The route that is generally used for this flight is GANSU UN975 NARTA UZ14 LIDRO. Let's skip the departure and cruise and focus on the arrival. For this route, if you're going to land at runway 05, you'd do the LIDRO 4A arrival with the VOR approach. So, after passing FUN VOR at 1430 feet, which marks the beginning of the approach, you have a point at 3.6 nautical miles from the VOR on the 212 radial which is the MAPt. You'll use a point 6 nautical miles out of the VOR also on the 212 radial as an indicator to where to start the turn. You should pass this point at 900 feet. After this point, you have GELO, which you should cross at 850 feet and that is where the approach lead-in lights begin, and ROSRO, or Rosario, to be crossed at 450 feet and that is where the lead-in lights end and the point where you should be lined up with the centerline of the runway. That's it. Not that complicated. That's how this approach is depicted in the Navigraph nDAC charts and how I fly it, and I'm not a real pilot so I stand to be correct here. Edited by barfra1995

Matheus Mafra

I'll try. Let's simulate a flight from Lisbon (LPPT) to Madeira (LPMA). The route that is generally used for this flight is GANSU UN975 NARTA UZ14 LIDRO. Let's skip the departure and cruise and focus on the arrival. For this route, if you're going to land at runway 05, you'd do the LIDRO 4A arrival with transition at FUN VOR. So, after passing FUN at 4000 feet, which marks the beginning of the approach, you can use a point 6 nautical miles out of the VOR on the 212 radial as an indicator to where to start the turn. You should start pass this point at 900 feet. After this point, you have GELO, which you should cross at 850 feet and that is where the approach lights begin, and ROSRO, or Rosario, to be crossed at 450 feet and that is where the lights end and the point where you should be ligned up with the centerline of the runway. That's it. Not that complicated.
Thanks for this fantastic post. I have the Jeppesen carts, i'll try it tomorrow. This is a real world used route?Will FMC calculate speed and altitude restrictions and descent good? Or need to correct it? Only 6 nm for descent 4000' to 900'??Thanks again

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Thanks for this fantastic post. I have the Jeppesen carts, i'll try it tomorrow. This is a real world used route? Will FMC calculate speed and altitude restrictions and descent good? Or need to correct it? Only 6 nm for descent 4000' to 900'?? Thanks again
Take a look at my post again. I made some editions to it. As far as I know, that's the real deal. I haven't flown this approach with the NGX yet, so can't say for sure, but I don't think you'll have problems with the FMS. It seems to be a short distance, but that is what is written in the charts. But it can also be at 900 or above, although per the nDAC charts it seems to be at 900 indeed. I could post a picture of the charts here, but I don't know if Navigraph allows me to do this, so I'll not take the risk. But if you google for charts, you'll surely find some.

Matheus Mafra

Take a look at my post again. I made some editions to it. As far as I know, that's the real deal. I haven't flown this approach with the NGX yet, so can't say for sure, but I don't think you'll have problems with the FMS. It seems to be a short distance, but that is what is written in the charts. But it can also be at 900 or above, although per the nDAC charts it seems to be at 900 indeed.
Thanks again for your help. Tomorrow i'll try.Regards from Spain friend

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

This is an old document but still very useful. It contains Runway 5 Madeira plus all our other favourites... :-) http://www.fsstation.com/tutorials/dangerous-airports-approaches.html

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Thanks again for your help. Tomorrow i'll try. Regards from Spain friend
A correcton. You were right. It's not 4000 feet at FUN, it's 1430 feet. I misinterpreted the chart.

Matheus Mafra

so...that will be something like this: a. FUN (FUN VOR)b. FUN213/06 (Creates place/bearing/distance from FUN VOR 6DME)c. GELO (start lead in lights) ?
Let's make a step-by-step. a. FUN VOR (1430ft)b. FUN 212 radial, 3.6nm out (940ft - MAPt)c. FUN 212 radial, 6nm (900ft - start the turn)d. GELO (850ft - start of the lead-in lights)e. ROSRO (Rosario) (450ft - end of the lead-in lights, has to be aligned with the runway) And another thing. ROSRO is how the waypoint Rosario is in the FMS database. So if you have to enter Rosario in the approach, you type ROSRO.

Matheus Mafra

Nice video! I'm going to have to give this flight a try tonight. Would be worth firing up the terrain radar on the other PFD just for kicks! Thanks to barfra1995 for the flight details. Is there a decent addon scenery for Lisbon?

Ed Haslam

Aerosoft Madeira X
Yep. I've got that scenery. It's fine, and I do regular flights to Funchal.

Dave P. Woycek

Is there a decent addon scenery for Lisbon?
Sure. Aerosoft has one, with AES support (no, I'm not an Aerosoft employee. I just happen to have these addons).

Dave P. Woycek

Guest Turboblower
Nice video! I'm going to have to give this flight a try tonight. Would be worth firing up the terrain radar on the other PFD just for kicks! Thanks to barfra1995 for the flight details. Is there a decent addon scenery for Lisbon?
Aerosoft Lisbon X, also Faro X