Micro Stutters  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you notice/have micro stutters

• You see them and hate them
    • See them but don't care
    • Can't really see them
    • Have looked at the FPS counter and they don't happen.

Ok, after reading few a few threads have become to think that many people have micro stutters but don't notice them. So here is a poll to try and settle this topic.

Interesting votes we see. They really are the thing that turns fun into annoying if you experience them.

They can be reduced, not eliminated. They are not as bad as they used to be. Wings of Prey runs SO smooth. It's the way a sim should run.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm hoping Flight is coded as well as Wings of Prey.

I had them flying around metro NYC and other heavy areas like that. After I put my two FSX Vrap's on a 9750-4i that got completely rid of my microstutters.

I had them flying around metro NYC and other heavy areas like that. After I put my two FSX Vrap's on a 9750-4i that got completely rid of my microstutters.
Now that is interesting. Most folks are on Nvidia for FSX. I wonder if the answer is AMD but thought I read some other AMD users that had stutters to?

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I don't really think that the GPU itself will cause the stutters. It may contribute but it will not cause.

Now that is interesting. Most folks are on Nvidia for FSX. I wonder if the answer is AMD but thought I read some other AMD users that had stutters to?
You did not understand what I meant when I said "After I put my two FSX Vrap's on a 9750-4i", the 9750-4i is not a ATI GPU, it is a 3ware SATA/SAS PCIe 2.0 controller. Using this put my FSX HD's on the PCIe bus and moved them off the Marvell Controller on the motherboard.

You did not understand what I meant when I said "After I put my two FSX Vrap's on a 9750-4i", the 9750-4i is not a ATI GPU, it is a 3ware SATA/SAS PCIe 2.0 controller. Using this put my FSX HD's on the PCIe bus and moved them off the Marvell Controller on the motherboard.
Duh, yup missed that one. thxs

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I have a RevoDrive and I still experience a hick-up here and there. I think that most would concur that my HD is not only fast but effective. FSX is just poorly coded and broken. There was recently a tweak for d3d.dll CTDs, that gave you a message so that you can continue. It worked for some, I doubt for most. FSX continues to be a work in progress.

I'm glad that you took my advice. Now STOP tweaking. LOL.gif

I voted "See them and don't care." I have a few from time to time but they don't bother me. I think almost everyone who runs FSX at high settings has them but they may be so small the user doesn't notice or doesn't care. For instance, along the same lines, I have screen tearing and run with vsync off. But it doesn't bother me and I like the increased fps. Yes, my fps are increased I don't care what anyone else says.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |