Micro Stutters  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you notice/have micro stutters

• You see them and hate them
    • See them but don't care
    • Can't really see them
    • Have looked at the FPS counter and they don't happen.

I said the same. Because I know caring is going to do more pain than good. As I said in one thread further back, stutters are caused by v-sync and the monitor resolution. The only way to get rid of them is if FSX is running at a constant locked 60FPS (if a 60Hz monitor). But with all these complex addons, that's never going to happen.

I seem to have got rid of them now as I said. You won' always have them, they are linked to the Hz but if FSX can be set up properly you can avoid them, well I don't see them much at all now.

See them sometimes, but don't care... They are only really noticeable during fast turns, when I see a very small regular 'tick' like stutter, and they come and go... I had them on my old AMD X2 / nVidia based system and see them on my new i5 2500K / AMD system I've personally yet to see a system run FSX without some sort of hiccup, sometimes big, sometimes small, but never perfect. There are many things in FSX that are less than optimal, and this is just one of them.

I don't think even huge server workstation $20,000 PCs can run FSX all that well. Thats $20000 of real computer not Alienware.

The word was FSX was not coded well. Well that's what I have heard.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hey! guys, I made a small vid. and I would like to know how does the stutterings part in it compare to yours on your machine, I would like to get some feedback because we can't compare our stutterings since not all of us are making vid. of our flights. I used only fraps to capture the image, (I will get TrackIR soon), I have all scenery sliders to the right, car traffic at 30%, ferries and boats maxed out, plane cast shadow on the ground and on itself on +++ including lens flare and light bloom.... Nail%20Biting.gif I know light bloom = sacrilege....Devil.gif So tell me if you see less stutterings, about the same or more on your rig, that will give us some "kinda" reference to compare, I understand you can't reproduce the same flight as mine but this is just for us to compare with something....

Hey! guys, I made a small vid. and I would like to know how does the stutterings part in it compare to yours on your machine, I would like to get some feedback because we can't compare our stutterings since not all of us are making vid. of our flights. I used only fraps to capture the image, (I will get TrackIR soon), I have all scenery sliders to the right, car traffic at 30%, ferries and boats maxed out, plane cast shadow on the ground and on itself on +++ including lens flare and light bloom.... Nail%20Biting.gif I know light bloom = sacrilege....Devil.gif So tell me if you see less stutterings, about the same or more on your rig, that will give us some "kinda" reference to compare, I understand you can't reproduce the same flight as mine but this is just for us to compare with something....
Nice vid and music hahaha. But yes. That's the same stutters I get

Yes that's the same stutters I get as well. But I can't remember having them with my old Athlon 6000+ and 7900GTX. Maybe I didn't care then, but now I hate those stutters.

A lot of stutters are caused by the monitor and v-sync. Basically, if you have a 60Hz monitor, you need to run FSX at 60FPS locked for it to be perfectly fluid. Anything below that you will see stutters. If you force v-sync off, these stutters are actually tears. Having v-sync on skips the frame that is torn, causing a stutter. The closer the FSX FPS is to your monitors refresh rate, the less stutters you get. For example, my laptop has a 60Hz monitor. I run the NGX cruising between 20-28FPS. Being quite far from 60, I get quite a lot of stutters. Now someone with a i7-2600K might run the NGX in cruise at around 45+. They're going to get a lot less stutters than me. Obviously the frames drop as we enter an area of dense traffic and scenery, ie approach to an airport. As our frames drop, we get further from 60, we get more stutters.

Vsync is an issue, but there are other issues too. Here are just a few things I know induce stutters in FSX: Car Traffic, AI, AG, & Payware Airports. I could add payware aircraft and sceneries too. I can easily be at 60 fps with my 60hz monitor and I still experience a stutter here and there. Alain, nice video. I see some micro stutters, but I also see lags. You might need to lower those settings just a bit.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Vsync is an issue, but there are other issues too. Here are just a few things I know induce stutters in FSX: Car Traffic, AI, AG, & Payware Airports. I could add payware aircraft and sceneries too. I can easily be at 60 fps with my 60hz monitor and I still experience a stutter here and there.
Well of course hahaha. These are the CPU hogs.

Vsync is an issue, but there are other issues too. Here are just a few things I know induce stutters in FSX: Car Traffic, AI, AG, & Payware Airports. I could add payware aircraft and sceneries too. I can easily be at 60 fps with my 60hz monitor and I still experience a stutter here and there. Alain, nice video. I see some micro stutters, but I also see lags. You might need to lower those settings just a bit.
Thank you DJ, I'm just trying my hands at video making for fun..... I pushed FSX to the breaking point for comparaison, Vsync off, I added light bloom and that's a big perf. killer right there with shadows on the ground and on the plane, also, keep in mind that my flying is a lot better without fraps, as you know fraps induce stutterings, I forgot to say that the FPS was set to unlimited as I don't see any improvement at 60FPS to match the Mhz of the monitor... The plane I used is the CT210M Centurion I won from Carenado when guessing what was SIMAIR on REX forum....dance.gif

They do bug me but usually I don't care,since the visual fest is far more important to my experience than abolute smoothness (vs the seldom occurring micro stutters that I've learned to live with). I jettisoned car traffic long ago for this very reason.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Same type of stutters but you probably get more because I think you are using photo scenery.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.