Sign in to follow this  
bobrbend

New Config Once More

Would appreciate opinions: CPU:Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz MOBO: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO LGA 1155 PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series® 800D Full-Tower MEMORY: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 CL8 COOLER: CORSAIR CAFA70 120mm Dual-Fan CPU Cooler GPU: EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5 SAMSUNG CD/DVD Burner 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW ThanksDan Cole

Dan Cole

Great PC. Maybe I could say you wasting your money a little on the Case, they look really nice but a HAF X or 932 will offer better airflow and is much cheaper. Maybe with the savings you could throw in an SSD or additional HDD.

+1 on that. Save some on the case and get a big SSD for Windows and FSX

I only got the HAF for its airflow. High Air Flow. I couldn't care if it looked like an A380. So save but if you are really conscious of looks, the 650D or the 600T oth from corsair would be great.

I forgot to include the SSD, because its coming from another source: SAMSUNG 470 Series MZ-5PA128/US 2.5" 128GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive. I'll look at the 650D, but I'm partial to full towers. Dan

Dan Cole

I'd go for a SATAIII SSD instead of SATAII, twice as fast.

One other thought comes to mind. I have an older Netgear Rangemax wireless router connected to another computer. Any thoughts on which wireless adapter I can use with the above configuration? Probably a stupid question, but I'm comfortable with that. Dan Cole

Dan Cole

I forgot to include the SSD, because its coming from another source: SAMSUNG 470 Series MZ-5PA128/US 2.5" 128GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive. I'll look at the 650D, but I'm partial to full towers. Dan
The 650D is only 4cm smaller than the HAF 932 so you only loose height. That height is usually used for bug radiators and i am guessing you won't have one.