Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

MD-11 issue

It now works, but there are large X's on the cockpit displays. Is there any solution for this?
Large Xs in the cockpit displays are generally licence issues or corrupted install. Have you posted a Support Ticket?

No, someone else suggested that it had to be uninstalled and reinstalled. I followed those instructions, and now my MD11 is working fine except for the freezing issue.

I had it too. Uninstall the aircraft and reinstall again. (don't forget to uninstall the liveries an re-install them too.)_It should work fine now.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have just discovered that the MD-11 crashes FSX only when I have all of the automation on. If I disable the automation via the two switches on the glareshield, I can fly it.

Thanks,

Kevin L

I have just discovered that the MD-11 crashes FSX only when I have all of the automation on. If I disable the automation via the two switches on the glareshield, I can fly it.
What switches are you referring to?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hello;I have Fsx Acc. installed,using a 64 bit system,windows 7,I have Fsx installed on my D-drive,in a folder by it self,I have the automation dll installed in the Fsx folder,and have no problems,look in your windows folder,and in there should be the latest automation dll,copy it,and paste in your fsx folder,see if this helps.Mark

Hello;I have Fsx Acc. installed,using a 64 bit system,windows 7,I have Fsx installed on my D-drive,in a folder by it self,I have the automation dll installed in the Fsx folder,and have no problems,look in your windows folder,and in there should be the latest automation dll,copy it,and paste in your fsx folder,see if this helps.Mark
Is this the UIAutomationcore.dll? I can't find any file titled "Automation.dll" anywhere.

Thanks,

Kevin L

It seems that it is an error with my MD-11 installation, or the ORBX Scenery. I have tried everything with the UIAutomationcore.dll, and there was still no success. But I recently did a new reinstall of everything, including Windows, and it still doesn't work. To see if it works, I always go to YBBN, and takeoff towards Redcliffe (about 45 degrees to the left after taking off from Runway 1). The sceneries used in this area are ORBX's YBBN, GOLD region, and YRED. So, after arriving over Redcliffe and flicking a couple of switches, I experience a CTD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Have tou tried deletin uiautomationcore.dll from the fsx folder? Only the ones from the fsx folder, nowhere else

Yes, I have deleted the uiautomationcore.dll from the FSX folder.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Ok, that file is your problem, my issues went away when i deleted that file. I cant remember where i found the guide on what to look for and what to delete but will look it up for you

Another thing, the scenery orbx around ybbn is quite heavy on most machines, you could be overworking your machine. Turn water to low and reduce autogen just to be aure and give it a go.

It seems that it is an error with my MD-11 installation, or the ORBX Scenery. I have tried everything with the UIAutomationcore.dll, and there was still no success. But I recently did a new reinstall of everything, including Windows, and it still doesn't work. To see if it works, I always go to YBBN, and takeoff towards Redcliffe (about 45 degrees to the left after taking off from Runway 1). The sceneries used in this area are ORBX's YBBN, GOLD region, and YRED. So, after arriving over Redcliffe and flicking a couple of switches, I experience a CTD. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
KevinI use the PMDG MD-11 extensively,and I also use the ORBX scenery, including YBBN. If you let me have your flight plan, I will try that route out to see if I come across that CTD

Ok, that file is your problem, my issues went away when i deleted that file. I cant remember where i found the guide on what to look for and what to delete but will look it up for you
Thanks!
KevinI use the PMDG MD-11 extensively,and I also use the ORBX scenery, including YBBN. If you let me have your flight plan, I will try that route out to see if I come across that CTD
Actually, I just use YBBN/YBBN at FL050 as my flight plan, and almost always fly manually. Just to see if it works :) Edited by Tatave

Thanks,

Kevin L