Sign in to follow this  
nikki1986

Electronic Flight Bag

Hello PMDG, I was just reading your Flight Crew Operations Manual Vol 2 (p. 10.65.3) on the Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) but unable to access it in the cockpit (VC) is the EFB available or soon to be available? I sure would love to use that cool feature. Anyhow, great job on the plane its really terrific someone builds these complex models to the degree of perfection as you do over there at PMDG. nikki1986

Wow, i didn't know they fitted EFBs in 737s. I guess that means that this equipment still has many years of service ahead. All i had seen is airlines putting toughbooks in their cockpits with special software to replace the old printed airport analiysis. I'd REALLY enjoy a realisitic EFB like the 777's. Where do i sign?

Omar Josef
737/757/767

They're working on it potentially for the 777 and might be included in a future 737 service pack. EFB is common in 777's but not so much in NG's from my knowledge.

Wow, really amazing guys. It would be a pretty nice and new feature available for us, virtual pilots. Just curious to discover in the near future if this will be reality, not only for the PMDG 737NGX but also for the PMDG Triple7.Waiting for...Bye.

If you have a seperate monitor or computer I highly recommend EFB from Avialsoft it has moving maps for the ground and in the air. It is extremely useful along with FSKneeboard for the IPAD if you fly in the states.

They're working on it potentially for the 777 and might be included in a future 737 service pack. EFB is common in 777's but not so much in NG's from my knowledge.
777 you say!? Praying.gif

Omar Josef
737/757/767

If you have a seperate monitor or computer I highly recommend EFB from Avialsoft it has moving maps for the ground and in the air. It is extremely useful along with FSKneeboard for the IPAD if you fly in the states.
Correction... Aivlasoft.Yeah, it seems a quite useful and pretty addon. Probably the 737 EFB is a more complete tool but interesting... Thanks.I did not understand how does it work about Terminal, Arrival & Departure plates. Have you to subscribe another service, have you to use your own?

777 you say!? Praying.gif
PMDG 777 is being developed as we speak, it will be next. That and a Dash 8.

PMDG 777 is being developed as we speak, it will be next. That and a Dash 8.
This has got to be, after the release of NGX, the best news i've heard in 15 years of flight simulation.Phoenix simulations made what was the only decent 777-300ER that flight simulator has ever seen. As i mentioned on other threads, i used to take my laptop with PSS777 to real 777's cockpits back when I was a flight attendant for Emirates airlines. It was amazing within it's limitations (it's really old). It was such a noble add-on, stable as hell and way ahead of it's time. Knowing that PMDG (the masters) will do a 777 is just truly great news. PS (i apologise if this topic is allowed, will edit if so): Does anyone know what happened to all those developers trying to pull off airbuses.. did they all die trying?

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Flysimlabs working on A320, I believe it will be high quality addon (like concorde x)
Hope it's not like airinerXP or Airsimmer....

Omar Josef
737/757/767

I do not own airlinerXP nor airsimmer, but I own concorde x, and those guys are serious, look at their forum :)
I have, and I'm very excited. Very.They're using ARINC 429. These guys know what they are doing.

Omar Josef
737/757/767