Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Taxi2Gate's products unsupported - Buyer Beware

I think you don´t know simmarket business model. They deliver the product in exchange for a % of the product value. Taxi2Gate recieves the money of their product, in other words Taxi2Gate has participation in the process.And yes, we have support from every company that sells thru simmarket. And yes, we have right to support as allways have. In your "perfect business model" above, every FS developer should have a web shop to deals directly with the customer to support be granted. And if you read what the OP said, Taxi2Gate HAS a forum to do these kind of stuff. It´s just not working now, and no evidence of working in a fix of their recent products.
I well understand the business model used Simmarket, and other on-line add-on sellers, and it is flawed from the buyers' point of view. The only contract is between the buyer and the actual seller. There is no contract between the buyer and the developer and so the buyer has no rights against the developer. Of course, many developers do provide support in this case but the buyer has no right to it and the developer can stop it any time it chooses without buyers having any recourse against it.

Interesting way of seeing things. We learn something new every day in here!! Hypnotized.gifThanks God everybody in the world that has a name to preserve works different of this!!!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

The only contract is between the buyer and the actual seller. There is no contract between the buyer and the developer and so the buyer has no rights against the developer. Of course, many developers do provide support in this case but the buyer has no right to it and the developer can stop it any time it chooses without buyers having any recourse against it.
Fortunatly, I am a member of a community. This community has buying power and developers rely heavily on word of mouth - that's why I posted this. I want everyone to avoid this developer until they get their house in order. I want the developer to come in here to clear things up. I want this developer to understand that it is better for them to handle problems within their own forums rather than forcing people to go to more public locations for assistance. I would bet that ImagineSim took a hit due to problems with their scenery being discussed here at AVSIM. If they had a forum, they would have been able to control the conversation. Instead, they chose to insulate themselves from criticism in a hope that those pesky customers would just go away. To me, it seems like Taxi2Gate is on the same path. You are looking at my legal recourse with Taxi2Gate - not really an issue for me. While $32.00 is a little high for an airport like this, it is certainly not going to drag me in to small claims court. Support is implied , however, on the Simmarket product page. If you look at it, you will see that the Taxi2Gate email is supplied. In this case, it should read "Unsupported". Bottom line is I just want a working MMMX with AES support. That's why I bought this product. I truly hope Caesar stops by and clears things up.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

You misunderstand. Of course we buy things. But depending on the amount we intend to spend take appropriate steps to protect ourselves as far as popssible before buying. If we're investing $1000s we make sure that we chose a bank that has state protection. If we're buying a $50 flight sim add-on we have to be realistic enough to accept the money's gone and the company may also have gone. There is rarely any evidence available to outsiders that a company is in trouble.- it just stops trading!
Ah, okay, well that makes more sense to me. In that case I agree with you. Jeff: try the Intersim Studios forums. I know for a fact that Ceasar and Junior work together and I think Taxi2Gate and Intersim are even part of the same company, although I'm not sure exactly about how the two are linked. I say try the Intersim forums and see if you can get some help there.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Fortunatly, I am a member of a community. This community has buying power and developers rely heavily on word of mouth - that's why I posted this. I want everyone to avoid this developer until they get their house in order. I want the developer to come in here to clear things up. I want this developer to understand that it is better for them to handle problems within their own forums rather than forcing people to go to more public locations for assistance. I would bet that ImagineSim took a hit due to problems with their scenery being discussed here at AVSIM. If they had a forum, they would have been able to control the conversation. Instead, they chose to insulate themselves from criticism in a hope that those pesky customers would just go away. To me, it seems like Taxi2Gate is on the same path. You are looking at my legal recourse with Taxi2Gate - not really an issue for me. While $32.00 is a little high for an airport like this, it is certainly not going to drag me in to small claims court. Support is implied , however, on the Simmarket product page. If you look at it, you will see that the Taxi2Gate email is supplied. In this case, it should read "Unsupported". Bottom line is I just want a working MMMX with AES support. That's why I bought this product. I truly hope Caesar stops by and clears things up.
You began this thread with an unwarranted accusation.
it appears the Ceasar has taken the money and ran. People like this need to be shunned from this community
and now you speak about the "community". Many developers are small firms and heavily dependent on one or two key people. If something happens to those people the developer may be unable to continue and even fold. People become ill, have changed personal circumstance or, even, god forbid die. The "community" then accuses them of dishonesty on no evidence.

Remember, Taxi2Gate released a bad product. Caesar is aware of the problem. He has had plenty of time to pull it from Simmarket but instead, he chose to keep it on the market and keep collecting $ from sales even though he knows the product is defective. Imagine that - a developer actually pulling a defective product from the market - an extraordinary step in the FS community but a frequent occurance in the real world. While the thread about the problems with the scenery were posted to fsmex on May 9, he didn't respond until June 7. If he had a forum, he would have known right away; I bet he knew earlier anyway because I am sure he received at least a few emails prior to June 7. His last response was on July 15. This gave him plenty of time to pull the product before he went AWOL. So, from May 9 to today, how many people do you think have purchased this scenery? How many people do you think have been hosed by him? Prior to my thread on the same topic from June 22, there was no mention of this problem on any English site that I could find. That means that anyone that doesn't speak Spanish would have no idea that this product is deeply flawed. It is my hope that I stopped at least a few people from flushing their money down the drain. It would be even better if Caesar gets wind of this thread so he can come in here an make things right. I invite him to come in here and prove me wrong. MGH, I'm not sure what you are trying achieve. Perhaps you just like to play the devils advocate?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

When you buy a product from a company that has a website with a support forum, you think you will be taken care of if there are problems. When the support forum has no way to register, it is clearly there to give the false impression that products are supported when they are not. That's deceitful.
Did you buy from Taxi2Go or from Simmarket or another online store? If the latter take the matter up with them - they actually took your money. Also, you knew the support forums weren't active. You tried and failed to sign-up before you bought
I tried to sign up on their forums but I never received a confirmation email. Their forums don't look that active.
Caveat emptor?

Caveat emptor?
And isn't that the whole point of this thread? Look at the title of it "Taxi2Gate's products unsupported - Buyer Beware". Jeff is merely alerting his fellow flightsimmers to beware of Taxi2Gate's lack of support. Is there anything wrong with that?

www.antsairplanes.com

Hi Jeff, Exactly the point of this post (Caveat Emptor). I had no idea that there are problems with Taxi2Gate software, nor was I aware that the developers have gone AWOL. Thanks for the heads up. I will stay clear of Taxi2Gate until the problems have been resolved and/or the developers reappear with a plan of action to correct the issues. Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

And isn't that the whole point of this thread? Look at the title of it "Taxi2Gate's products unsupported - Buyer Beware". Jeff is merely alerting his fellow flightsimmers to beware of Taxi2Gate's lack of support. Is there anything wrong with that?
I agee. The OP knew the Taxi2Gate support forum was inactive before her bought from it. Why is he now complaining that it's inactive?
Hello, has anyone tried their scenery? If so, what do you think? Are these developers former members from another group (Vans,FlyMex...)? I tried to sign up on their forums but I never received a confirmation email. Their forums don't look that active. I still have the FlyMex stuff on my sim and I only want to replace it if their version is either a lot nicer or if it gets AES support.
Surely he should have applied caveat emptor?

I'm still not sure what you are trying to achieve MGH. This thread isn't about me, it is about Taxi2Gate. In addition, I'm not sure why you think I tried to register before I bought the scenery. This is what I said in the other thread: "I don't see a place where you can register for their forum. I think I tried once and I never got a response." 1. This statement does not say that I definitely tried to register. It says "I think I tried". This means that it is likely that I tried at some point but I am not sure if I did.2. This statement does not indicate when I tried to register. I bought the Scenery on 4/29. If you look at the forums, you will see that the posts stop in April. When I buy something, I'll check their forums to see if there are any issues with the product - it doesn't mean I would try to register. The good news is I contacted Simmarket and they were very helpful. I didn't ask them for a refund or for support. I asked them to pull the product from their site. They contacted Taxi2Gate and Taxi2Gate said they will post an update to their forum in 1 week. We'll see...

I've just rechecked the Taxi2Gate forums. There are 15 posts in total as of now. 13 of these are from CESART2G a nd the other 2 are from Juniorpm, who seems to be associated with Taxi2Gate - he announced an update. That's the state now. When you looked earlier there would have been fewer posts. It was obviously then an inactive forum so why complain that it's still inactive? Caveat emptor

Very good news Jeff! Thanks for reporting back! At least, they appear to be concerned with their business!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hi Jeff, Looks like your forum post here at AVSIM and contact to simmarket finally got their attention. Good Job

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

That is good news and I don't take issue with much of what was stated in this thread aside from the original "crook" part that I felt was a bit over the top and probably stated more out of frustration than anything else. It'll be nice to see what you think about it after they fix the issue with the lights. Like I said earlier I have two of their airports and felt they were pretty good, maybe a bit static but overall far better than default and worth the money I spent. I currently have over 70 add on scenery airports for FSX and would consider buying more products from them based on the two purchased previously. Especially if they get this issue resolved in a timely fashion proving they have an active and concerned support system in place. Lesson learned here should be on T2G's shoulders, and that is, make sure your product runs as intended, certainly at least better than the initial release, BEFORE putting it out for sale and distribution. I think in this case the cliche' "An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure" rings more true than "Caveat Emptor". Had V1 of this scenery had these issues I would never had purchased my second product, moreover if I had never had any experience with T2G products this thread would have had me very reluctant to try them.

RE Thomason Jr.