Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

Taxi2Gate's products unsupported - Buyer Beware

Personal opinion, the thread title 'buyer beware' is way off scale when not giving the devs a chance to act via their intended support channels (which, in this case, is a contact form right on the T2G site).Since the issues itself only refers to MMMX V2 product and not to the whole scale, the speaking about the whole product range in the title and their 'unsupported' status may not be very appropriate too. I can't refer to the MMMX V2 problems here but since I own some other T2G products and actually did receive a very prompt and helpful email support, I'm a bit surprised about the 'upsetness' of course, which may explain my impression.

Last night he did finally post a fix on FSMex but it doesn't seem to be displaying buildings. I'll do a uninstall/reinstall to see if that helps. I take back the crook statement. Clearly, he just isn't giving his BUSINESS the attention it deserves. Cool, I'm not sure that you read the whole thread but all of these issues were already being discussed at FSMex and up until a month ago, Caesar was involved in the conversation. Sending an email would be pointless because there were a lot of people waiting for the fix. Do you think that he actually had a fix that he was only sending to people that emailed him? If you disagree with the general idea of this thread, fine. I still think the buyer needs to be aware until the product is officially patched. Unsupported? Maybe not. Poorly supported? Definitely yes. My suggestion is to let this thread die. I didn't plan to respond to it any more but I did want to take back the crook statement and report that there may be a fix.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Unsupported? Maybe not. Poorly supported? Definitely yes.
Honestly, I'm happy when both sides (customers of T2G MMMX V2 and the dev) get along somehow now and I'm also happy when people take back crook sounds while still being able to state their thoughts and concerns.It takes some guts and character size to do this and you actually showed both in your last statement. A big thumbsup there, Jeff. smile.png

Jeff,Thanks for the update. Interesting that he did not post the fix on his forum, but in a 3rd part one ....The customers has to search a bit more to find it. I´ll install it tonight and report back to you my findings. Thanks!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Mr. JeffA new mmmx v2 installer is available in simmarket.com and after a little flight i can confirm that the fps issues that i had was resolved. I´m getting from 18-30 fps in approach.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Good news. If there are others to confirm that FPS issues have been resolved, I might buy MMMX. As it's relatively close to Guatamala, that means I have an airline flying NGXs (Aeromexico) to that place. Would be neat!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Just to add my thoughts: the scenery looks good, but I do have FPS problems. And something is either wrong with OpenVFR roads, or with the airport scenery, because the roads of OpenVFR do not line up at all with the airport scenery's roads. Result: cars on the aprons and runways. Probably gonna send emails to both, hopign this gets resolved....

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case