Sign in to follow this  
victorlima01

Need help transitioning to VC (EZdok+TrackIR)

Hi guys. I´ve always been a die hard fan of 2D flight decks because up until last week I was only using FS9, which is finally up to par with my expectations Now PMDG screwed it all up for me since I had no other option but to start using FSX on a pretty meager system biggrin.png Now that I am using FSX with the NGX, I decided to start using the VC. I just bought TrackIR and alhtough I´m loving it, I´m having some difficulties.I find it hard to click on the pushbuttons I need many times because the view simply won´t hold still. Is it my trackIR technique? Can I fine tune it to be less sensitive? What are your recommendations? Also, from the capt´s perspective on the VC, when I glance up at the overhead panels and down towards the pedestal my view of the panels is such that it is hard to access many of the switches and buttons I need to throw. Is there a workaround, is there a way to quickly skew my view laterally and upwards/downwards in a natural fashion and return to the initial point of view without having to press "A" multiple times? Finally, what´s up with EZdok? Is it any good? Does it integrate well with the NGX and TrackIR? Does it impact the frames? Are there recommended settings to be used with the NGX? I´m thinking of getting it due to the raving reviews I´ve often seen. That´s it for now. Thanks for the help!

Hi VictorIt is nearly impossible to hold your head still enough in order to click buttons in TrackIR, so what you must do is use the hot keys that are set up in TrackIR for (pause,Centre or precision).The pause key is a must, I have a button on my joystick set to the pause key (you can do this through TrackIR ),just move your head to the selected position,hit the pause button,click on your buttons or switches in the sim ,then hit the pause button again and your up and running.The hot key indications are on the display under advanced settings.Precision I think is F7 This slows your head movements,I think this is better for FS. Pause key i think is F9 but i am not sure. Center key will bring you back to your original position to save you hitting the A key.. Hope this is of help..

Derek C.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Your problems are what I faced and I hardly ever used TrackIR as a result. One thing changed that and that was listening to the talk about EZdok and seeing some examples. The two work excellently together with the NGX and much much more besides including the vibration and movement shake of the cams which is fully adjustable and just as easy to turn off. I personally would look for the Seph Profile in the TrackIR forums and adopt that by setting it as default to use with FSX. For EZdok their are many profiles in this very forum for the NGX and you can embellish them yourself with improvements personal to you. Starting from scratch and making one yourself takes moments and isn`t difficult. The result is akin to a new rock climber who knows the moves but looks from the bottom of the rockface to the top with lots of trepidation. Finally realising that going up say 10` and zooming in his view from there and panning around makes the transition to the next height easilly within reach. This goes on for some time, sometimes going back a stage but steadilly moving in an upwards direction. All at once he reaches the summit and realises its not one big climb afterall, its a series of smaller ones only that he can fine tune to his needs. EZdok is that same transition, breaking down the large viewing jobs into a series of smaller, easier segments and much much more besides. Once reaching that view the user can then fine tune, pan, zoom and above all else save more transitions and views as he goes along. Something he couldn`t forsee until he began the usage in the first place. Like the climber looking up at his long haul ascent. EDIT: Found these; http://forum.avsim.n...-ezca-profiles/ http://forum.natural...38620#Post38620

Pause idea is excellent, thanks for heads up Sir

Rich Sennett

I mapped my middle mouse button to the pause function. Although that didn't help me. I never touch TrackIR when I am in an airliner. It's great for the GA flights and other games, but, like you say, it's just too hard dealing with the click spots, and it was just a pain having to hold my head in the exact point in space where it needed to be for my view of the HUD to be right. I use VC 100% of the time using nothing but the space bar and my mouse and I love it.

Noah Bryant

Thanks for the replies guys. I´m installing EZdok as we speak and will give you a follow up after that