Sign in to follow this  
AirBull

Replace aircraft.cfg?

Another squelching hot day here in Dallas and as I was installing new liveries to my 738WL variant, I had a power surge. No apparent harm done other than my aircraft.cfg file appears to have been blanked out, along with the backup as well. Is there anyway I can re-create this file without the hassle of uninstalling and reinstalling it? I only say this because as a licensed, registered user, I don't want to waste a re-install attempt if I don't have to. Thanks for any and all suggestions! Love the VC HUD!

You could try following the instructions here & then reinstalling your liveries. It links to some clean cfg'shttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/343006-livery-and-livery-manager-issues-how-to-resolve/ That's the best I can come up with.

Unfortunately I don't even get the PMDG 737-800NGX WL option when I pull up the livery manager, I'm thinking because the file was completely zeroed out. Do I lose some sort of re-activation by uninstalling the program and re-installing it?

No. Reinstalling won't lose an activation

Uninstalling and reinstalling only takes a few minutes. I've done it several times (for troubleshooting a dome light issue), and I did not get any prompts to activate again. As long as it is the same computer, it should not cost you any activation attempts.

Livery manager is out for now since the aircraft.cfg is toast. Try manually deleting all the textures noted in that topic & copying in the fresh aircraft.cfg files that it links to. After that you should have just the house liveries installed & a functioning cfg.

I think I'll just reinstall it then, as it's the same computer and all. Thanks to all for your help!

Wait a minute then Mr.Ken, I just saw where on that same page on the aforementioned link there was a Zip file from PMDG with clean aircraft.cfg files, so yeah, I just deleted the textures I had just installed, put in the new clean .cfg file, and will re-install them with the livery manager. Good to go, now if I could just figure out how to get some rain in this bloody 40°c heat! Thanks all!

Wait a minute then Mr.Ken, I just saw where on that same page on the aforementioned link there was a Zip file from PMDG with clean aircraft.cfg files, so yeah, I just deleted the textures I had just installed, put in the new clean .cfg file, and will re-install them with the livery manager. Good to go, now if I could just figure out how to get some rain in this bloody 40°c heat! Thanks all!
I'm only about 2.5 hrs east of you. It's pretty warm here as well, plus our ac just froze up so it's off for an hour to thaw....