Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyf38

Flap Motor sounds

Guest tonyf38

Is there any way to turn up the flap motor sounds when viewing from wing view? I looked in the sound.cfg and didn't see the flap movement .wav.. I've searched the forum but didn't find anything.. Thanx..

Is there any way to turn up the flap motor sounds when viewing from wing view? I looked in the sound.cfg and didn't see the flap movement .wav.. I've searched the forum but didn't find anything.. Thanx..
Hmm. Flap motors are quite loud with me

Hi Tony, Maybe try turning up your external environment sounds through FSX? I love those flap sounds too, especially having flown on the NGs many times, those motors are pretty loud and noticeable. PMDG really did a great job with those sounds...

Brandon Burkley

Guest tonyf38

Thanx.. I'll check to see my environment settings.. I agree, the flap motor sounds are great but just can't hear them if engines are running from wing view..Would you mind sharing your engine and environment settings??

I actually just have everything at 50% at the moment. You might try turning up "Environment" to see if that helps.

Brandon Burkley

Guest tonyf38

I had to work with the volume in the FMC, now I can hear em from wing view.. Something with the ambience settings I messed with..

I think not in pmdg. But you can try it in FSX settings, just set engine and environment sounds higher. Other one settings lower

I didnt know there were any flap motor sounds, all i can hear is the engines! I'll have a mess with the sounds in the CDU.

I didnt know there were any flap motor sounds, all i can hear is the engines! I'll have a mess with the sounds in the CDU.
Same, put your results here

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Go to the Root folder of FSX then look for a foler called sound and in there is a folder called "PMDG" go to the sound folder inside that and the look at the cfg folder scroll down and you can alter the volume in there m8it's at the bottom of the cfg under flaps