Sign in to follow this  
FL120

Explosion in front fof the Cockpit and then FMC confused

Hi, the second time on different Airports on Ground I had the following experience: When editing LEGS in FMC suddenly there was a little explosion in front of the Cockpit and then the FMC was confused. I was not able to finish the FMC Setting, I had to reboot the Computer. Is it a developer sign for a crashed FMC or what is it ??? It happens when I transfer a Leg in the scratchpad, switch one Page back and then transfer it to a discontinued part of the route. Achim PS: after that nothing typed in was shown in the scratchpad.PS2: To fast for ScreenshotPS3: 4th try to type in a Route from PAAT (ATU in FSX) to RJCC.Route: OPAKE NYMPH R220 NANNO OTR1 OBE every time a FMC-Crash.PS4: 5th try without Arrival and nocleared discount. I can start. Will enter Approach later....

Screenshot?

Hi, the second time on different Airports on Ground I had the following experience: When editing LEGS in FMC suddenly there was a little explosion in front of the Cockpit and then the FMC was confused. I was not able to finish the FMC Setting, I had to reboot the Computer. Is it a developer sign for a crashed FMC or what is it ??? It happens when I transfer a Leg in the scratchpad, switch one Page back and then transfer it to a discontinued part of the route. Achim
Achim,I just started having this problem also. It's repeatable for me, so I submitted a ticket to PMDG support this morning. If someone else doesn't have a common fix, you may want to report it also. By chance have you installed the hotfixes? It may be my imagination, but I don't recall having the problem before the most recent one.

Chris Hicks

When editing LEGS in FMC suddenly there was a little explosion in front of the Cockpit and then the FMC was confused.
LMAO.gifSorry for laughing but this one really cracked me up! I gotta try pastin' that leg!

LMAO.gifSorry for laughing but this one really cracked me up! I gotta try pastin' that leg!
I guess I should specify, nothing blows up on my end. I just get a CTD! Shocked.gif

Chris Hicks

All I seem to imagine is clearing the discontinuity and a mini nuke going off on the nose haha. I'm struggling to understand what he means by explosion.

Sorry 'bout that Chris. A CTD is never funny! It was just that my mental image of an explosion outside the cockpit when doing something non-normal in the CDU made it so hilarious!

Sorry 'bout that Chris. A CTD is never funny! It was just that my mental image of an explosion outside the cockpit when doing something non-normal in the CDU made it so hilarious!
Somehow, I completely overlooked the explosion part the first time I read it! I'm definitely not getting an explosion. If I had to guess, I'd say the magnetic containment fields keeping in your antimatter are failing. Mine, like his, is happening when I delete a leg or have to change runways at the last minute. I've been flying this route over and over from day 1, so I'm not sure if I've changed something, or it's hotfix related. I'm assuming it's a known issue.

Chris Hicks

If I had to guess, I'd say the magnetic containment fields keeping in your antimatter are failing.
People,Get your aluminium hats ready! :)Sorry, couldn't resist. And furthermore I have nothing to contribute to the OP issue either... :) Cheers,

If I had to guess, I'd say the magnetic containment fields keeping in your antimatter are failing.
People,Get your aluminium hats ready! :)
LMAO.gifI just gotta do a stress test on my CDU.Have made some last minute rwy changes but I never ran into this!

Hi, the second time on different Airports on Ground I had the following experience: When editing LEGS in FMC suddenly there was a little explosion in front of the Cockpit and then the FMC was confused. I was not able to finish the FMC Setting, I had to reboot the Computer. Is it a developer sign for a crashed FMC or what is it ??? It happens when I transfer a Leg in the scratchpad, switch one Page back and then transfer it to a discontinued part of the route. Achim PS: after that nothing typed in was shown in the scratchpad.PS2: To fast for ScreenshotPS3: 4th try to type in a Route from PAAT (ATU in FSX) to RJCC.Route: OPAKE NYMPH R220 NANNO OTR1 OBE every time a FMC-Crash.PS4: 5th try without Arrival and nocleared discount. I can start. Will enter Approach later....
Had the same problem, I just restarted FSX, haven't had it again yet, lets hope never, ey?

Apparently it doesn't occur with every flight plan. I had one from DWF-LIT and I was getting the crash. Switched to DAL-LIT, used the same STAR and did not get the CTD when I made the runway change.

Chris Hicks

Guest Turboblower

I know this is a shot in the dark, but when I installed the NGX, I also re-installed the airac 1108 from navigraph, not had an fmc issue whatsoever. Worth trying ?

I know this is a shot in the dark, but when I installed the NGX, I also re-installed the airac 1108 from navigraph, not had an fmc issue whatsoever. Worth trying ?
Is that the subscription service or is it free of charge?

Chris Hicks

Guest Turboblower

Subscription sevice Chris