Sign in to follow this  
ga

Pressurization Panel?

Ok looked up the Pressurization Panel, but no good explenation on it, any help me on this thx... What do you set in "FLT alt"? and "Land Alt" , and generell explenation if you can thx ;)

The Flight ALT is your cruise altitude, and the Land ALT is the runway elvevation at your destination. Stuart Turbefield

At the FLT alt window you dial in the Cruising Altitude and at the LAND Alt window you dial in the field elevation of the Destination Airport.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

I'm not sure If this is true, but I read that when you start descent, you return FLT ALT to the destination elevation?

At the FLT alt window you dial in the Cruising Altitude and at the LAND Alt window you dial in the field elevation of the Destination Airport.
And make sure that you are using auto on the pressurization panel. At takeoff the plane will pressuurize to 200 ft below the runway elevation.When you land it will land pressurized to 300 ft below runway elevation.It does this for passenger comfort. The crew have no input in these settings. Fred.

ok, if you enter wrong data for both any thing happend? If simulated in the sim....

ok, if you enter wrong data for both any thing happend?
You could set off the ALT warning horn ! You can stop it with the cutout button on the panel. Fred.

It is for the air conditioning system. So the automatic systems knows the profile of your flight (cruise altitude and landing altitude) and can set up the cabin pressure accordingly.If your cruising altitude is low, the system sets the cabin altitude lower than it would be the case if you were climbing at a higher altitude. If you don't set the correct values you can get some trouble with the cabin pressure.

And make sure that you are using auto on the pressurization panel. At takeoff the plane will pressuurize to 200 ft below the runway elevation.When you land it will land pressurized to 300 ft below runway elevation.It does this for passenger comfort. The crew have no input in these settings. Fred.
And it does this also to pressurize the the cabin with a higher pressure to make sure that all doors are being pushed into their frame to ensure that they are sealed. And it also increases the stability and strength of the fuselage if it is pressurized before takeoff and landing.

All you need is in the FCOM Vol 2 page 155-162 !! Fred.

I'm not sure If this is true, but I read that when you start descent, you return FLT ALT to the destination elevation?
You shouldn't do that.FLT ALT will determine when the system starts depresurizing for the process to be as smooth as possible. Also, if the flight is not continued and you have to return to the departure field, the system remembers the departure field's pressure sets the cabin altitude to the same, so that when doors are opened, you have the same pressure as outside. If FLT ALT is changed, then the system will forget the pressure of the departure field. The other problem would be to incorrectly set a LAND ALT. In such case, the system wouldn't know what pressure to set the cabin to for the moment you open doors. In airbuses, if theres certain pressure differencial before opening doors, a red light will illuminate inside the door's window. ...also your ears would hurt and you might fart a little more than normal and cabin crew will complain about their feet hurting :)

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Thx wil look it up Fred thx ;). Thx all for reply ;)

You shouldn't do that.FLT ALT will determine when the system starts depresurizing for the process to be as smooth as possible. Also, if the flight is not continued and you have to return to the departure field, the system remembers the departure field's pressure sets the cabin altitude to the same, so that when doors are opened, you have the same pressure as outside. If FLT ALT is changed, then the system will forget the pressure of the departure field. The other problem would be to incorrectly set a LAND ALT. In such case, the system wouldn't know what pressure to set the cabin to for the moment you open doors. In airbuses, if theres certain pressure differencial before opening doors, a red light will illuminate inside the door's window. ...also your ears would hurt and you might fart a little more than normal and cabin crew will complain about their feet hurting :)
okay thanks! Another quick question while on topic. For landing alt. If my airport elevation is 25 feet, what do I set it to? 50 or 0?

okay thanks! Another quick question while on topic. For landing alt. If my airport elevation is 25 feet, what do I set it to? 50 or 0?
Well, if the elevation is 25ft, say you have ISA gradient, and you set the Landing Alt at 50ft, the differential will only be 25ft, which is approximately 1 hectopascal. 1hPA is just 0.014 psi... nobody will get hurt :)

Omar Josef
737/757/767